Thread: Change to Paid Membership Payment Methods

Change to Paid Membership Payment Methods

Just wanted to let you all know that I have removed the mailing address for paid memberships from the Membership Info. page and going forward the only payment option for memberships will be PayPal. In the past when we had a much larger number of paid members and thus a higher number of people wanting to pay via check or money order it made sense, but the last couple years there's only been 3 or 4 mailing in payment. It just doesn't make sense for me to continue to pay for a post office box to receive those payments when the annual sum of those payments is less than the annual cost to rent the box.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Sacramento Mountains, southern New Mexico
    I joined today, hoping 1) to learn from experienced Savage users by reading a variety of posts. 2) to share whatever information I may have gathered from my research and library of shooting references.

The announcement above appears to be a notice that paid memberships should be done by PayPal. Do I need to pay for membership? I don't own any rifles or equipment made by Savage, but I have a strong interest in the history of the brand and the contributions made by Chas. Newton in developing cartridges used by Savage. I have been reloading for a little over 60 years, finding data in some odd places, and carefully trying to reproduce the successes of the past, especially with the Newton cartridges.

Basic membership (registration) on the site is free which gets you access to most features of the site. Details on what additional perks you get with a paid membership can be found by clicking the Team Savage Membership button in the top menu bar.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain