Thread: B22 Precision accuracy question

Basic Member

B22 Precision accuracy question

I was at the range this afternoon to practice for the ARA match coming this Saturday with my B22 Precision. It was not shooting as good as usual today. It was windy but I have shot on days as windy as today with better results. After about 100 rounds I packed it in, disgusted with the results.

After all was packed and the last thing going into its case was the B22 I noticed the end cap on the bolt was unscrewed almost all the way off. Since it was getting late and I didn't want to set up everything all over again I left. My question is, would a very loose bolt end cap cause poor accuracy?

Basic Member
    Just a guess but could the lower tension on the FP cause 'less effective' ignition? Some rifles and/or ammo are sensitive to 'light strikes', resulting in changes in bullet speed. That could change accuracy?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie01 View Post
    Just a guess but could the lower tension on the FP cause 'less effective' ignition? Some rifles and/or ammo are sensitive to 'light strikes', resulting in changes in bullet speed. That could change accuracy?
    Thats pretty much what I was thinking. But, I did think that as long as the strike was enough to ignite the prime it would be the same as a harder strike???

Basic Member
    Well, from what I've read about striker impacts, the stronger and 'cleaner' the hit the better ignition results. That's part of the idea about modifying the tip of the FP so it 'misses' the actual rim by a tiny bit. Like just a 64th or less. This gives more energy to the striker and focuses on the 'softer' part of the base. It just gives more consistent/complete ignition. Here's a thread about this, I found it when I got a CZ455 last year. I cleaned up my striker and it 'seems' to help, but i don't have numbers to back that up. I bought a CZ457 this Winter and have done the FP tip but haven't been out to shoot it yet so no numbers there either. Also a YT vid on the FP of the 457 mod.
    You may not want to do the mod, but these will explain the theory behind 'better ignition'.
    Hope these help a bit.
    http s://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/reshape-striker-cz-455.602579/
    http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLPuNFJ6sCc

Basic Member
    Good info that I never knew. I will be reading up on this subject more. I'll find out tomorrow morning at the match if tightening the bolt end cap helps, wind is supposed to be similar to what I had yesterday.

Basic Member
    Well, the day of the match was even windier than my practice day. Can't tell if tightening the bolt end cap did a thing. I did find out that in comparison to most of the other guys at the match I suck in windy conditions!