I was running a few errands today and decided to stop by the main gun store in town. I hadn't been there in a while and it's always interesting to see what's in the racks. Since I've been in rimfire mode lately, I checked through the 2 or 3 dozen various new and used models that they had sitting out and wasn't seeing anything that I couldn't do without, though I have been interested in getting one of the budget semi-autos like the Rossi RS-22 or the Savage 64F.

I was just about done looking when I found this little thing sitting in one of the back slots - it sort of jumped out, appearance wise, but it was sort of buried and not attacting much attention. I realized it was a pump action and looked at the brand and model. I turned over the price tag expecting something a little ridiculous based on what it was - vintage and Winchester. I was surprised to see a figure less than $200.

I worked the action and checked the trigger and made a quick decision that it was worth what they were asking, whether I needed it or not. :) The exterior isn't minty by any means, though the bluing isn't too faded or worn. The bore literally looks new so I expect that it hasn't seen a hard life of extended use. Not many pump actions are manufactured nowadays and most don't seem to feature the S, L, LR feeding capabilities of these older models.

Can't wait to run over to the range with it and run some rounds through it. I'll have to put a scope on it in order to have any chance of assessing it's accuracy but it's likely to live on as an open-sight plinker.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240503_171213.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	10671