Thread: Rem 700

Rem 700

Worked on the 700 .308 26" 1-12 barrel with Bell and Carlson chassis in the shop this morning, for a short time. Got the old trigger down from 5lbs to 1.5. Waiting for the 4 oz Jewel trigger which should be here in a few days. Mounted the scope an bipod. Re-measured the chamber for some loading. This rifle was set up for heavy bullets years ago so with the BTL .030 longer than my Savage 110 I really can't use the small bullets in this one. Just not enough purchase for any regular neck tension so I will be using Sierra MK in the 168,169 and 175 variety which have long enough BTO for a good set. Snowing and 32 degs this morning so the range will have to wait a bit. Supposed to get up to the 60s soon. Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rem 700 1.jpg   Rem 700 2.jpg  
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Team Savage

Currently 32° and snowing here too, had an inch at 0430, now 3" and still coming down.

Good looking rifle, mine, a BDL in 338WM, is bone stock. Bought it for elk/moose/bear but not chasing them anymore. 308W is much easier on the shoulder at the bench!

Got out for a few minutes this morning. She still likes GMM 175s, only shot one box. Put 10 into a .4 so I am pleased. Then while I was cleaning the rifle we felt the NJ earthquake. Shook the heck out of the place and got the wife all worried that someone had run a vehicle into the house. You gents out on the left coast are welcome to those things. Don't think I ever really noticed one before.
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Today I replace the original trigger with a Triggertech Diamond and set for a nice 4.5 oz break. Whatta Hobby!
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NF1E View Post
    Today I replace the original trigger with a Triggertech Diamond and set for a nice 4.5 oz break. Whatta Hobby!
    OK, a Trigger Tech, not a Jewel ? That answers My Question

Basic Member
    The most impressive part to me is that someone was able to get a x-mark trigger down to 1.5 lbs.... that is an accomplishment! ..... Unless it had a walker trigger in it- pics aren't very big on my phone.

I should have been more clear. The Diamond has an engraving of a diamond on the case that I mistakenly turned into a jewel in my old grey cells.
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72