Name:	7mm 08.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	9463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	group.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	9464
Here is my experience, as short as possible. Some years ago got a 1st generation Axis in 7mm-08. Right of the bat was a nice light packing rifle that handled well and really didn’t need a thing. Shot under 1 inch groups. Many have shared their dislike of the stock trigger but I found this particular rifle to be fine.
One thing led to another from following this forum and I began to tinker. First, Rockite filled the stock. JB Weld bedded the action. Mcarbo trigger. End result, the rifle became heavier, the trigger lighter and accuracy about the same.
Next I shed the plastic stock and went with a Boyd’s Prairie Hunter. Aluminum pillars, but no bedding, and a Pchmayr recoil pad. For a scope I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24. The whole thing weights about 8.5 lbs, not a mountain rifle but for my taste I like prefer the solid feel of a little extra weight.
Tinkering with a reload I settled on Lapua Brass, Winchester primers, 42.5 gr AA 4064, 140 Berger VLD with a COAL of 2.75. Damn! First 3 shots grouped under ½ inch at 100 yds. I am done tinkering, this is a keeper.