Thread: 10 Stealth BA action change options

10 Stealth BA action change options

I have a Savage 10 stealth BA in .308 that I have been using some time for bench rest shooting and making my own loads for it. I wanted to take it to the next level and I ordered a custom made shilen barrel for a small shank action. Here is my issue, the barrel is already shipped and I realized that the action on this platform is a large shank, not a small shank. I think the best thing to do is to change the action and install an action with a small shank for the barrel I now have. I’d like to continue using the original chassis but was wondering what small shank actions I should look for so I could continue to use the same chassis or if there are any other ideas that won’t break the bank as much so I could use this barrel made for a small shank. Any insight and help is greatly appreciated.

Banned
    This falls under “Measure Twice, cut Once” OR: Check first next time..

Ok, pretty easy. Any Short Action with an Accutrigger will work. So any Model 10, 11 with Accutrigger OR newer Model 110 Short Action. Also, many of the older SA’s with the Flat Back would work, but might require a bit of fitting. Stick to an Short Action Accutrigger Model & make it easy.

Basic Member
    For $15 you can get a “Bronze” membership on this site which will allow you to post your new barrel in the Classifieds forum.
    I don’t know how tight the new barrel market is these days but 308 is always popular and someone in the market might pay near or maybe even at, what you paid just to get it with only shipping delays.
    Then, just start over a little wiser:)