Seems everything I need for my first build is on its way, or soon will be. I started planning it a year ago, but got delayed due to the usual financial hiccups til this last summer. Was finally ready to place an order for a barrel...then the tornado showed up July 30th. Well, to say the least, the last two months have been no fun with being displaced to an apartment, overseeing the house repairs, burning all of my vacation, and dealing with insurance folks. With some luck, we'll be back in the house by the end of October.

Luckily, I have a great wife, who after seeing I was quickly approaching the ragged edge, said I needed to step back from everything for a week or so and decompress a bit. She suggested that I pick back up on my project rifle knowing I was hoping to use it this deer season. She used my own words on me explaining I was working so hard on getting the rest of the family's life back to some resemblence of normalcy, that I had neglected to do the same for myself.

Her timing couldn't have been any better. My first thought was I'll never get a barrel ordered, received and installed in time for the opening of gun season in November. But, as it turns out, a member on here happened to have a shilen 260 tube for sale. Then I found a stock a day or so later. I've already got the Model 10 action. My smith assures me he can have it together in time for our annual Thanksgiving hunt.

Needless to say, I'll have far more than the usual to be thankful for this year, least of which will be this new rifle. Mainly my family's safety, and that of my neighbors, as they were all home when the tornado struck. Somehow, they walked out without a scratch, as did all my neighbors.

Thanks to everyone for the deals on the parts and the shared advice. Pics to come later.