Thread: 1907 disassembly troubles

Angry 1907 disassembly troubles

OK, I have a nice little 1907 in .32 auto, I began disassembly and all went well at first. I locked the slide back turned the firing pin/bolt assembly a quarter turn to the right and removed it. Now the troubles begin, I release the safety lever and gently let the slide travel forward. It should have moved forward and slid right off the frame along with the barrel and spring. What happened is that it traveled to about where it would be fully assembled and stopped. It resisted all my efforts and is definitely hung up on something. It can be moved to the rear, but hits something solid going forward. My fear is that the barrel was not aligned properly the last time it was field stripped? Any comments or suggestions appreciated. (to answer a couple of obvious questions, the mag is out, and yes it was disassembled before.....by me so whatever is wrong is on me.)

OK got a little help elsewhere. The little lever looking thing which is a part of the trigger mechanism was popping up and catching on the slide. By pulling the trigger while letting the slide go forward I got it free. I don't know if this a common problem, or not, but I'll let you know if it affects function once I get it cleaned and to the range.

Basic Member
    Befus, you're probably on the wrong forum, you might get more help on the Vintage Savage/Stevens/Fox forum. That said, I'm both a Specialty Pistol guy and an owner of a couple of 1907's. They can be a little 'fiddly' the first few times you disassemble one. Sounds like you may have figured it out, there are(were?) several YouTubes on the 1907 as well as a bit of other info on the web.
    Good luck.