Thread: Vortex 2-7x32 Crossfire II Scout scope on handguns

Vortex 2-7x32 Crossfire II Scout scope on handguns

Anyone here use one on a Contender or Encore handgun yet? I’ve seen elsewhere guys really like them, but I’d like to hear from this group as well. When I first looked at them online, eye relief was stated to only be 3.9”, but recently I looked again and noticed it being advertised at 9.45”. A Burris 2-7 is advertised 10-21” of eye relief.

I’m sorta considering trying the Vortex on a 7mm TCU or 357 Max, as the price point is attractive compared to my favorite Burris. I have some Weaver and Redfields that aren’t currently being used, though being a 28mm objective, I do prefer a 32mm.

Basic Member
    i have one but it is used on rifles, not handguns. it is mounted on the rear sight, like old military rifles. i guess it is useable for handguns, but i don't know. i bought a 2-6x Weaver Classic (handgun) for my 22 Hornet(TC Contender/10" barrel), just to see if it works. it will be used for paper and groundhogs.

Buy Classic Series Handgun Scope 2-6x32 SFP Dual-X 1 Inch LER and More | Weaver Optics

Basic Member
    I have 3 of the scout scopes you are talking about. One is not mounted yet but the other two are on a contender and a CVA pistol. I like them and they work for my shooting. The eye relief works especially good in my stand setup and for shooting across a bench you may have to get a little closer to scope than with a regular pistol scope but it works for me.Unless you are long armed and trying to shoot with your arm fully extended they should work.The 9.45 eye relief is correct and the shorter eye relief one is a rifle scope also a 2x7x32.