Hello,
I recently purchased a second MK II BTVS and planned on using it for club bench rest competition. I also have a second MK II BTVS which I have had for several years and the older one is ridiculously accurate, shooting 3/8 inch groups at 50 yards using CCI SV. The new rifle is not so accurate, not even close. It will shoot two or 3 shots right on the bullseye and then 2 or 3 3/4 inch one way or the other. I have shot the rifles side by side to compare and used the same box of CCI SV with both rifles to eliminate ammo issues. I have ordered a aftermarket floor plate which should be in by the end of the week, and am now looking for different SV ammo's I can try to see if there is one the rifle will shoot accurately. Any recommendations on ammo that won't force me to remortgage the house to try and or other suggestions on other things to try? I know Alot of guys say CCI SV is prefered to most other ammo in there rifles as it is in my original MK II but when I use it in the new rifle it is just ugly. I am hoping there is an affordable ammo solution out there. Also I am a bit confused as to how the new rifle can shoot a few good shots here and there and look like bird shot on other groups, I dont see it being dead on now and then but mostly wild. I have also tried Aquila SV with this rifle and had the same results.