After a long wait, my new stock arrived today...

Basically, I think it's a terrific $200 upgrade over my 2015-vintage FCP-SR's non-adjustable "Accu-Stock." It feels much more substantive, and it's a godsend to be able to adjust the LOP. I had taller combs ready to go, but the one that came with it puts my eye right behind the scope.

I was most unhappy with the feeding problems from Savage's OEM magazines, and so I'm hopeful that this is going to work much better with AICS-pattern mags.

In the meantime, some quibbles:

1. The buttstock doesn't have any way to adjust cant, like the PRS on my AR does.

Maybe my shoulder is oddly shaped, but a regular elongated egg-shaped buttstock fits me best when it's canted at 11 o'clock, but I don't want to hold my rifle canted like that.

2. Magpul is stingy and weird with the M-LOK slots. There are only two along the bottom, which means that using Magpul's own bipod mount (which takes up 1-1/2) means that there's no room for anything else.

Also, there are three at the front of the handguard one each side (actually, facing slightly upwards, like 10 o'clock), but only the first one is flat, and there are none near where you actually grip the rifle... I was hoping to install Magpul's own grippy rail covers.

3. I was excited about the sling slots on the sides of the buttstock, because I wanted to mount a sling on the left side of the rifle, because (a) there's no room for another sling swivel under the handguard (see #2, above), so it'll be mounted on the side of the handguard, and (b) that would keep the sling out of the way when I'm shooting off sandbags.

However, the slot is so thin that my nice leather Turner 1907 sling won't fit through it — it's not even close. Even if the slot were a bit bigger, there's no way that a proper frog would fit through it, which means a regular 1907 sling is a non-starter.

Again, the PRS does it better... The PRS's slot easily fits a leather sling, and it's removeable, so it's easy to screw it down over the sling (and then it doesn't matter that the frogs don't fit through).

Tomorrow I'll get it out and shoot it (and take some photos).