Thread: What are everyone’s carry Knife & Watch pick? (Pictures welcome)

Banned

What are everyone’s carry Knife & Watch pick? (Pictures welcome)

This is just a fun thread guys. Along the lines of those EDC threads, but I actually kinda hate those, LOL! I mean, they are fine… but for one thing I’ve always hated the term EDC. It just sounds retarded to say. And those threads always end up getting out of control. For instance, I don’t care about people’s car keys. Just leave those out of the picture people, c’mon..OR the dude who includes his EpiPen in the pic because even the mere thought of a peanut could send him into anaphylactic shock, he’s so allergic! And of course there is always a plethora of the mall-ninja, super secret assassin, “Commando Joes” who want everyone to believe they carry on a daily basis: 4 extra mags, flashlight, a lighter, waterproof matches & Ferro Rod (just in case!). Not to mention a mini first aid kit… OH, and a Lifestraw personal water filter on Tuesdays & Fridays, LOL!

That said, I am quite interested in seeing & reading of the folding blades people carry & the time pieces others use(If any). I know.. with todays society & Smart Phones, having a watch on is almost moot. Still, many of us (mostly older), always wore a watch. And old habits Die Hard! I’ll be 45 in the summer, & the “carrying a cell phone everywhere” culture didn’t start until my young 20’s. And I grew up wearing a watch. I owned & carried fold I get knives since I was a young child.

Benchmade Morpho 32 (mini) NO! It’s not called a “Butterfly” knife. It’s a Bali-Song. And while the Flipping* done with one can be fun, it’s not why I’ve owned & carried it for the last 14 years. The Bali-Song is the strongest “folding” style knife there is. There is no locking mechanism.

I wanted this watch since I first laid eyes on it in like 2013. The Bulova Precisionist Champlain. Took several years and price dropping for me to be willing to spend the money. But I’m happy I did. I absolutely love this watch. Full Titanium case (it’s so much lighter than expected when picking it up.), the face is Carbon Fiber and a Kevlar band. Also, anyone who isn’t familiar with the Bulova Precisionist Sweeping-Second-Hand motion, you should look it up.

So what are some others here?

Haven't owned a watch since junior high, so nothing to mention on that front. As for my pocket knife, it's usually a little SOG Flash 1 or an older Buck Vantage - both of which have 2.75" blades.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

My occupation wouldn't allow any jewelry so a watch was out for safety reasons. Even my wedding band resides on a chain around my neck. for many years I carried a Sodbuster for a pocket knife.Last 10 or so years it has been an assisted opening CRKT .
    You are only limited by your imagination

Basic Member
    I carry a blaze orange Outdoor Edge - if I put it down I’ll be able to see it. Wear a cheap smart watch my wife got me, it’s like my I Phone - smarter than me. At almost 78 don’t worry about the current trends, just function for my use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No watch worn for the last decade or so, before that it was a simple Timex, now it's the phone in my back pocket if I really need to know what time it is. But that depends on if I can find my phone to put it in my back pocket. I carry a small Swiss Army 2 blade knife, a gentlemen's knife if you want, closed it's about 2" long, and one of the "blades" is a screwdriver/nail file. It's good for cutting open junk mail and completes me in a masculine way.

Team Savage
    Wore a watch with the date/time. Quit because if I couldn't remember what day it was, I had a problem.
    Havn't worn a watch in over 30+ years. No alarm clocks in the house. I always start waking up around 3:00 or 3:30.
    Talk radio on all night and I can tell what time it is by their voice tone and who's talking.
    As far as a pocket knife. Same one for the last 25+ years. 2 1/2" folding single blade. Perfect for opening the mail, picking splinters or cleaning your finger nails. It and a mini flashlight are with me always. Use to carry a cigarette lighter but quit smoking probably 20 years ago so the knife and flashlight share my left pocket.
    Don't go ANYWHERE my knife can't go!! Don't do metal detectors just for that reason. I see pictures of a BIG bucket at the airport where folks have had to dump their knives so they can fly? Good reason to NOT TO FLY. If my knife can't go, neither do I.
    Besides some of the #%*!^& animals on the planes. Can't kill or throw them out in mid flight so, don't be around them.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    I quit wearing a watch in the 80's. Went to a pocket watch. Had about a dozen different ones, only two of interest cause they belonged to grandfathers. When cell phones came out I stopped carrying the pocket watches.

FWIW, I have carried a fountain pen since high school. My Dad's Esterbrook was my first one. Then a Parker 75. Then I had about a dozen different ones. Now I have a Lami Safari and TWSBI Eco that are inked up. About half dozen others in 'storage'. It is getting to be an issue cause of my hand tremors. I can no longer write in script and sometimes can't even print (when it's bad I can't type either).

Knife is a Leatherman. I have three depending on what I am doing. Charge, Wave and Skeletool. The most common one I carry is the Skeletool. I do have several of the smaller Swiss knives, but, rarely carry them. I also have several folders, but, rarely carry one. The Charge and a Leatherman folder are in my range box. Also have a bunch of bits and a hex adaptor for the Leatherman tools that go in the glove compartment.

My EDC is a pen, wallet, cell phone, car keys and the Leatherman. Stopped carrying a pistol a few years ago for several reasons.

Banned
    STOPPED carrying a pistol

Also I’ve carried routinely for many years, the last several convinced me of carrying more & MORE! And even sometimes maybe in places/areas… and through STATES that say we can’t. This country is so lost. Honestly, I don’t think it’s coming back. This past week is more proof of that. I don’t mind dying. But don’t want to on account of not firing back. Especially when THATS what a good portion of my life was dedicated to! Defensive pistol marksmanship & training.

Basic Member
    Just a state of mind. I carried one off and on for most of my life (except when I was in some interesting places).

I decided I don't want the hassle of using the piece. I have had enough illnesses that a few years off doesn't matter that much to me, and spending my final years defending myself in court is not on my list.

Team Savage

My USAF career was as an electronics tech and jewelry was forbidden around equipment. Wonder what 12kv can do to the human body? I never wanted to find out. Mandatory 2-man policy when certain equipment drawers were open after obtaining chief of maintenance approval - serious crap. Failure to follow safety policy would result in an Article 15, that's non-judicial punishment for those that don't know, and generally were career ending events.

Only jewelry I wore was my wedding band, a Seiko watch my dad gave me when I graduated from HS, and a silver Cross pen my wife had inscribed and gave me. All were removed upon stepping in the door, don't carry/wear any today.

I wear a Polar watch 24/7, when I want a knife, it's an original Leatherman strapped to my belt.

Basic Member
    Neither for me either. Everywhere I go there is either a clock whether it be in the car or on the computer or phone so no need for jewelry. I usually have a few knives in the trucks, plenty at home and always one in the tacklebox or hunting pack and don't need to carry one.