I don't post much but I "look" everyday.
My son his wife and I shoot MANY different chamberings.
The Granddaughter has been shooting with us since she was 5 years old.
She has a 10/22, a savage 17 hmr a Phoenix arms 22 auto, and a Howa 20" mini in 6.5 Grendel. She is 5'2" and MAYBE 100 pounds. In her 10 years of hunting/shooting she has harvested MANY big mule, and whitetail deer. A lot of coyotes many 100s of prairie dogs and WAY plenty of gophers and rabbits.
That's the back story. She reads and researches her arsenal options. She likes to shoot and hunt but is not a fan of recoil. She has shot my 45 colt, 10mm, 3006, but does not enjoy doing it, she will not shoot the D-I-Ls 257 WB or 338/378 on my 8mmRM. She kind of likes my 6mm rem but it is very heave, and her moms 245ai is ok but up on the recoil thing.
SOOO!
What we are thinking is, a savage ( some kind) and chambering it in 7x57. We can start with something Like a 140 gr and as she works in to it, maybe move up to a 175 gr for thing like bear and such.
Here is the question What would be a good choice in the savage line as a "doner"?
The shell is the same length as a 6mm rem or 8x57 Mauser and with a 175 it is a bit longer. Weight is a factor.
Any insight what I need to be looking at?