Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SSK50 Update!

Mine is in, I was on the Harley on a trip Saturday when I got the call. I answered on Bluetooth and was so shocked I thought it was a prank call, so killed the motor pulled over and said, your calling about what?

He'll I had forgot all about being on the list with Marty! It took a minute to figure out oh ya, well what do I do know outa state on the bike, and not getting home till next week. But Marty is great, said enjoy be safe and call .e when you get home.

So turn about is fair play, I just got off the phone, caught him on the road. But in the morning we will have the new frame on its way to my FFL.
    Ya it's been a few years so don't be surprised, but if yer on the list, the call is coming. As for new orders, that's getting closer to!

Now, since John is gone,,,, to find some new wood!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Mine is in, I was on the Harley on a trip Saturday when I got the call. I answered on Bluetooth and was so shocked I thought it was a prank call, so killed the motor pulled over and said, your calling about what?

He'll I had forgot all about being on the list with Marty! It took a minute to figure out oh ya, well what do I do know outa state on the bike, and not getting home till next week. But Marty is great, said enjoy be safe and call .e when you get home.

So turn about is fair play, I just got off the phone, caught him on the road. But in the morning we will have the new frame on its way to my FFL.
    Ya it's been a few years so don't be surprised, but if yer on the list, the call is coming. As for new orders, that's getting closer to!

Now, since John is gone,,,, to find some new wood!
    When you say you forgot being on the list, do you mean that you hadn't paid up front for it or forgot that you'd paid? It would be encouraging to know that the paid orders are done and they're starting on the unpaid waiting list. :)

You didn’t have to pay up front. You just had to pay when your name came up. Just because you paid didn’t put you in the front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by KYODE View Post
    You didn’t have to pay up front. You just had to pay when your name came up. Just because you paid didn’t put you in the front of the line.
    Did you order one at the original price ($275, I think) and not pay?
    It's my understanding that 400 original (paid) orders were taken before the factory realized that the production wouldn't happen as planned. At that point they stopped taking orders. The paid orders are definitely at the front of the line and are being shipped first before moving on to the unpaid waiting list.

If you ordered you were in line at the original price. You could pay up front or pay when they got to your name…..at the original price.
    my cousin ordered 2. I traded him out of one.

If you ordered you were in line at the original price. You could pay up front or pay when they got to your name…..at the original price.
    my cousin ordered 2. I traded him out of one.
    Then if you ordered at the original price, you're definitely ahead of those who hit the waiting list after they stopped taking orders. That was my point. If all the original orders were paid or not, they're getting priority. It'll be encouraging to hear about someone from the second-tier waiting list getting the opportunity to buy. :)

Rough guess, since the one i traded for is enroute, they may be halfway or more through the original orders. I think i heard 400 frames in the originals??

Rough guess, since the one i traded for is enroute, they may be halfway or more through the original orders. I think i heard 400 frames in the originals??
    Yeah, I think you're right. That's a very reasonable estimate. I talked to Marty early last week and they're working through orders at a pretty good pace. I think they're likely to be through the original orders within a month or so. From there, they'll cover the "manual" wait list - don't know how many that might be - and then move on to the 2000 or so on the site-registered list. It seems like, if the factory doesn't have any protracted shortages or slow-downs, they could keep shipping at a rate of a up to couple hundred per month, though that's probably optimistic. If that were the case, though, they could get through the entire wait list within a year's time. There doesn't seem to be any way of knowing where I am on the list since they moved some things around on the site but I'm hoping that I might see something within 6 months or so.

You mentioned trading for one and I'm thinking that as more of the frames hit the street, we'll see some availability on the secondary market. :)

Very possibly so.

i traded what i think was a nice frame. A “mad cat” or “post fire” blue frame with a very late serial number, Surely among the last easy opens made. I think Some find it very desirable itself. May be worth more $ wise than the ssk 50, idk lol.

Very possibly so.

i traded what i think was a nice frame. A “mad cat” or “post fire” blue frame with a very late serial number, Surely among the last easy opens made. I think Some find it very desirable itself. May be worth more $ wise than the ssk 50, idk lol.
    It'll be very interesting to see what the SSK frame does to the market. Original frames really crept up in price over the last 5 or more years - I heard of a number of deals in the $400- $500 range. Seems like if SSK can hold that $375 price point for a while, that'll put some pressure on the TC price point. I'd expect that later EZ-open frames in really nice condition may be worth a little more than the new SSK-50, or at least as much but older TC frames with a fair amount of wear, especially non-EZ frames may not be as desirable and will bring a lower price if the new ones become fairly easy to get.

I got mine for the original introductory price, $275.00 total, no tax free shipping! I did not prepay anything. Marty is a great retailer, and dead set on his word!

Don't know when the first pre-order list started. But I ordered mine second week of December 2019. Hope that helps others finding their place on getting theirs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123