Thread: Accutrigger

80maro

Accutrigger

Hello! This is my first time on your forum. I tried a search but it did not come up with the info I was looking for. I just picked up a 110BA in .338 Lapua and I would like to adjust the accutrigger but I can not figure out how. The best I can figure is that the action has to be removed from the stock, is this right? Someone on another forum thought it could be done from under the pistol grip so I pulled it off but no joy. I tried googling it but to no avail, I also tried searching for how to disassemble the rifle (just for education purposes) but have not come up with anything. I am not intimidated to remove the action from the stock, and I have read about properly torquing the accustock screws so that it still shoots straight after reassembly. I don't have an inch pound torque wrench so if I do have to remove the stock and action, it will have to wait untill I can pick one up, is there a better torque wrench to get? A click type or dial type?

Thanks!

Basic Member

Re: Accutrigger

You do have to remove the stock in order to adjust the trigger. The adjustment tool for your rifle will only go in one place so don't be intimidated by it.

As far as the stock goes, I have never had a problem with a proper amount of torque to be placed on a stock. I would still buy an inch pound torque wrinch to have, but if you want to adjust the trigger, don't be afraid take the stock off. Just make the screws snug back on the stock so as not to allow the screws to easily back out.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

80maro

I'm pretty sure I can adjust the trigger once it's out but I have read about specific torque values and torquing sequence for the action screws. I guess I will have to do some more research before taking it apart. Thanks though.

bodywerks

If you are looking to reduce the trigger pull weight you're asking for trouble. The accutrigger is very finicky and often can have sear slippage problems where the trigger feels jammed, when what has actually happened is the trigger doesn't catch the sear upon cycling of the bolt and the sear jams against the accurelease(the blade in the trigger). Many people will tell you that having the trigger pull weight too low will cause this but the fact of the matter is that the accutrigger is just not that great/reliable of a trigger, and my suggestion to you is that if you were just looking to adjust the trigger I'd say leave it alone and if you want a lighter or crisper trigger then get a SSS trigger instead of fussing with the accutrigger.

80maro

Noted! I have not even put a round through the rifle yet, just cycling with snap caps. I'm still waiting on my scope to show up before I take her to the range. After I put a few pills through the barrel, then I'll know if I'd like to change out the trigger.

Thanks!

Basic Member

Adjustment is easy and easily reversible.

Cycler

Quote Originally Posted by bodywerks
    If you are looking to reduce the trigger pull weight you're asking for trouble. The accutrigger is very finicky and often can have sear slippage problems where the trigger feels jammed, when what has actually happened is the trigger doesn't catch the sear upon cycling of the bolt and the sear jams against the accurelease(the blade in the trigger). Many people will tell you that having the trigger pull weight too low will cause this but the fact of the matter is that the accutrigger is just not that great/reliable of a trigger, and my suggestion to you is that if you were just looking to adjust the trigger I'd say leave it alone and if you want a lighter or crisper trigger then get a SSS trigger instead of fussing with the accutrigger.
    All of this is true but you have to reduce the Accutrigger pull well below the factory minimum before it becomes a problem. The owners who get into trouble are those who have cut the trigger pull spring too short and made the pull too light for the sear to reset reliably.