Thread: What music are you listening to?

What music are you listening to?

What kind of music is everyone listening to? Post some good tunes in the music thread!

For me, it's metal all day long. Currently blasting Haiduk - Diabolica. Non stop riffs.

Listening to some Bruce Springsteen, and Steven Seagulls (google them) https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Actually right now I am listening to the Yo Yo Ma "Soul of the Tango" on YouTube. Channeling Gomez Addams. https://youtu.be/JI_aQvy1i8I

But I go for Pink Floyd and the Beatles in general.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Banned
    Quite an array of different music tastes here, LOL!

I’m not a huge music guy. When I was younger, I typically liked the sound from built engines in my cars. But on occasion I will listen to a song here or there. I’m more of a song person, not by artist or even style. I like some different music from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s(my “era”), and through the 2000’s. I will say music seems to be getting worse since like 2010 or so. But then everything is. Because there is nothing new. Our broken world is close to the our I believe.

The Warning... Metallica approved cover
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQrWEByx9mA&t=163s
    Last edited by Blue Avenger; 03-26-2023 at 10:27 PM.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    What I grew up on

I can get down with some Skynyrd, for sure! But I’m gonna have to say this is their best piece by far…. Ok.. OK! Not by far. They do have some seriously kick butt music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmTkKz60W8

My musical tastes are very eclectic, I like most kinds of music from bluegrass and classical to classic rock and thrash metal. My favorite is probably southern/classic rock from the '60s and 70's. My favorite band is Pink Floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I can get down with some Skynyrd, for sure! But I’m gonna have to say this is their best piece by far…. Ok.. OK! Not by far. They do have some seriously kick butt music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmTkKz60W8
    There are so many...Simple man is Essential!

I’ve always been into music since about the time I was 8 years old. 53 now. I was buying Hit Parader magazine by the age of 10 and had a cassette player I’d listen to, nearly wearing out each tape I’d get. KISS was my first favorite, then by the time 1980 rolled in, things really kicked in.

This week I’ve been listening to alot of L.A. Guns, Tesla and Cinderella. The Hair era is at the top, though Molly Hatchet, 38 Special and more recently, Blackberry Smoke, the southern rock genre, comes in as a close second. Sorry guys, no Skynyrd for me!

Heres a taste of Cinderella...very talented as far as instruments and song writing, not to mention humble attitudes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuegke22rdA

Basic Member
    Been on a country kick lately. My first wife was a radio dj when country was booming. I got to meet all the greats of the mid-1980s. Until just recently, I have hated country music

Grew up in the 60s and 70s. Rock was what I listened to.

Thanks Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    There are so many...Simple man is Essential!
    Doesn’t get much better than Simple Man in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post
    Been on a country kick lately. My first wife was a radio dj when country was booming. I got to meet all the greats of the mid-1980s. Until just recently, I have hated country music

Grew up in the 60s and 70s. Rock was what I listened to.

Thanks Dad
    I do like the 70’s and 80’s country. Totally classic stuff!

Basic Member
    mmmmm.......that's a hard one.

i like Muddy Waters thru Samatha Fish's blues. i'm in love with Jimmi Hendrix. Lynyrd Skyrrnd, Fleetwood Mac, ACDC, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Dio, Black Sabbath, KISS, The Eagles, Alice Cooper.......and alot more '70s bands. the 80s are Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Stevie Nicks, Foreigner, Pat Benatar, Poison, Motorhead....a whole lot of big hair hard rock bands. 90s it was alternative like Pearl Jam, Hole, Garbage, Bush and Nirvana. 2000-2023 i have mishmash of alternative, hard rock, blues, country...anything but rap and Metallica, i hate them. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Chris Stapleton, The Steeldrivers, Paramore, Thundermother, Lacuna Coil, Turnpike Tourbadours, Fuel, Dead Sara, Foo Fighters, Alter Bridge, Beyond the Black, Mazzy Starr, Thunder*****, Kobra and the Lotus, Eva Under Fire, Skarett Riot, Whitey Morgan, Default, Velvet Revolver, Disturbed, Cherri Bomb, Divide the Day, Within Temptation, Dorothy, Icon for Hire, In This Monument, Halestrom, The Jompson Brother, New Years Day, Firelight, The Dirty Youth, Greg Allman, Eric Church, Toby Keith, Drowning Pool, Kid Rock, The Marshal Tucker Band, The Pretty Reckless, Stone Sour, Freddie King, 3 Doors Down, Cody Jinks, Whiskey Myers, Waylon Jennings, Robert Earl Keen, Reckless Kelly, Johnny Cash, Redhook, Slash and Myles Kennedy, Cliver........and more

Marshall Tucker in the background today
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Sorry, odd duck here. While I started out as a Beatles fan, I turned to classical in the mid 70's. Still like some of them (not all). Some other instrumentals. Later a bit of the opera arias/duets as well (don't like full opera presentations).

There are the one off rock/country/metal/etc songs that I will like, but, not many.

Speaking of country, Travis Trit, Dale Crantz..Rossington and Collins. You might recognize many of the names here if you like Skynyrd.