Thread: Iwi tavor advice

Iwi tavor advice

Anyone familiar with this?

Banned
    Yes. What is it you are looking for concerning them? Just basic knowledge? Are you looking at a used TAR21 or a new model, the “improved” X95?

They work… but given the choice, I’m would still prefer the AR much more. The Tavor has had quite a few feeding issues, a few of which have fixes. IMHO, any Bull-Pup just feels awkward. Even going back to the one that started the trend, the Steyr AUG, they just feel weird in hand. Awkward I guess is a better word. Every other bull pup, including Tavor, is just a take on the Steyr. Accuracy is nothing to write home about. A typical Colt 6920 will outshoot the Tavor easily, let alone the custom builds like myself & many others build. (I almost laugh at an AR that won’t do Sub-MOA.) The Tavor isn’t even an MOA gun. And they are quite expensive compared to most AR’s.

But they are different, and some people really like them. Although I’d say that’s more of a personal preference as any decent AR will outshoot the Tavor. I would recommend trying to find a range that rents them to shoot if you are considering purchasing. And at the same time, shoot along with a high quality AR15.

Oh and all though this is completely subjective… I find the look of any Bull-pup to be quite heinous! I will concede, some people find them attractive. But as the old saying goes, “Show me the ugliest ​girl in the world, and I’ll show you a guy who wants to **** her!” Ain’t it the truth!

There is a big difference between want and willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Show me the ugliest ​girl in the world, and I’ll show you a guy who wants to **** her!
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by aleftwich22 View Post
    Anyone familiar with this?
    Limited testing on my part....lighter then an M-4 and accuracy once hard held on a bench
    was close to the M-4 but not quite. I used a RRA Delta mid in the comparison with both eating
    62gr FMJ ball ammo. At range, and standing off hand, the Tavor was harder to hold on target
    being as short as it is. Both rifles had EOTechs mounted up. At 35 yards on the pepper poppers
    the Tavor was the winner. Anything beyond that, it could not keep up with the M-4. Another big
    factor is the trigger assembly groups. The two stage trigger on the M-4 has a military 4.5 lbs.
    The trigger weight on the Tavor is unknown but felt like a lot of drag before release.....It was
    fun, but I'm keeping my M-4's....
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Basic Member
    Interesting. I've only put a few hundred rounds through one, and it was back several years ago. No failures to feed using std ammo. Don't know what groups it was capable of as I did all my shooting standing at a around 75yd. I could hit clay pigeons with all of my shots. It felt steady and I could hit with it better than the owner's tricked out AR or my Garand. Truth is the thing really surprised me at how well I could shoot it. I expected it to be a bit more difficult to hold on target. I came really close to the golf ball on the berm. Hit a bit under it and it disappeared :)

FYI, the only other bullpup I've shot was a Steyr AUG. I was cheating though. Full auto :) But, even then it proved to be easier to hold on target than the M-16's I fired many years ago. A friend in the customs office had his AUG out for a day of shooting. Wife and I along with him and his two sons. We spent a lot of time loading mags and a lot less time shooting them. :) Two 5gal buckets of ammo.