Picked up this mint condition Savage 110DL (Deluxe Left Hand) in 30-06 Springfield. Looks to be a walnut stock with cut checkering (laser?) and decent figure to it. Serial # dates it to mid-1980's production. Blind magazine. Getting a scope mounted for it has been a PITA. I ordered a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 to put on Weaver bases using Weaver standard rings. Turns out the scope's mounting length was too short to span the long action. So got Weaver extension rings (adds 3/4" in whichever direction you mount them). The Trophy fit with both ring's extension facing in towards the action, but still couldn't get the scope to go back far enough to get good eye relief view. So had to order a Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 with 6" eye relief. Now has good full view with my normal cheek position on the stock (I am not a stock creeper) but looks kind of funky. Oh well. Even ordered a full picatinny rail made for the flat back 110s, but I'd need extra high rings to use that and the whole set up would've put the scope way higher than I like. The way I have it mounted gives more space over the action open than a pic rail - less chance for case ejection getting messed up and easier to load. At the scope's current height the bolt handle clears the eye bell with about 1/4" to spare. Any closer would be tough to manipulate with gloves on. Gonna take her out tomorrow and shoot her for first time. Hoping she's accurate; being a lefty this rifle was a good buy; $400 for it, and I always like how the older 110s have iron sights still.