Thread: new 112 Target 338 Lapua scope mount??

bigdaddycoolfm

new 112 Target 338 Lapua scope mount??

Well I have finally hit a point to stop and just Ask.. I just bought a new 112 Target 338 Lapua..problem I am having is I need to get a scope mount. I found one that was recommended on EWG. My point of question is, that I dont know how to tell which size screws to order it in. the standard 6-48 or the 8-40s screws??

Basic Member
    My Savage 110 FCP 338LM is 8-40. If your ordering direct from EGW, should be a note toward the bottom stating the 338 that needs 8-40. But if I remember correctly, just stated 8-40 screws needed for savage 338LM, nothing specific on model. You can always call EGW to ask or call Savage.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

wagonpilot
    8-40...
    One issue I ran into, I ordered a 40 MOA base to help with shooting out past 1000. With that much tilt, (even with the lowest rings I could run and keep the scope off the barrel), the rear of the scope is raised enough, I can't get a cheek weld I like with the factory stock. I may look into stock packs, or some other method to raise the cheek weld.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonpilot View Post
    8-40...
    One issue I ran into, I ordered a 40 MOA base to help with shooting out past 1000. With that much tilt, (even with the lowest rings I could run and keep the scope off the barrel), the rear of the scope is raised enough, I can't get a cheek weld I like with the factory stock. I may look into stock packs, or some other method to raise the cheek weld.
    What scope do you have that you need a 40 MOA rail @1000 yards? There are rings with inserts that would have helped you better than a 40 MOA rail. My Burris XTR II 4-20x50 has 90 MOA of adjustment. Also have Burris XTR signature rings that have the inserts to go up to 40 MOA. Not cheap but don't have the rear of my scope high.

wagonpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    What scope do you have that you need a 40 MOA rail @1000 yards? There are rings with inserts that would have helped you better than a 40 MOA rail. My Burris XTR II 4-20x50 has 90 MOA of adjustment. Also have Burris XTR signature rings that have the inserts to go up to 40 MOA. Not cheap but don't have the rear of my scope high.

Past a 1000...This one will be shot out to, and past a mile.

It is an SWFA SS 5-20x50, I still get a 100 yard zero, and most all of the vertical travel for dialing for ELR shots. I am new at this end of the dial, so we will see how my thought process plays out. It shoots great from a 100 to 600 yards so far. When we get some time we will head to the local 1500 yard range, then the spot we picked out for a full mile.

wagonpilot
    Oh, and 40 MOA is 40 MOA.. Whether it is accomplished with a rail, or rings.. It by nature will tilt the nose down, and the ass up.
    In my case, just enough that I don't get the cheek weld I prefer. It is not huge, and I can still shoot it just fine. I would however, prefer a slightly taller, or adjustable, comb on the stock.

Basic Member
    What rifle do have the 40 MOA rail on? Just looked up your scope and see you have 100 MOA to play with. My Burris XTR II has 90 and should be good to go with 30 MOA for 1 mile and a little more.

Tirebiter
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    My Savage 110 FCP 338LM is 8-40. If your ordering direct from EGW, should be a note toward the bottom stating the 338 that needs 8-40. But if I remember correctly, just stated 8-40 screws needed for savage 338LM, nothing specific on model. You can always call EGW to ask or call Savage.
    Call EGW and tell them what you need.They know what is required.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonpilot View Post
    8-40...
    Zero it out further and use a 20 MOA base?

wagonpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by hereinaz View Post
    Zero it out further and use a 20 MOA base?
    Ummmmmm?
    Not exactly how that works.

Red face Savage 112 scope Mount and Screws

Greetings,
    I build these out, you need to order #8-40 screws from EGW. Here are the two mounts available and have slight differences which will be obvious. If there are any questions about reloading or any other subject about this specific rifle please feel free to contact me. If you reload, it is really quite cheap to shoot because for obvious reasons you don't shoot it a lot.
    Best Wishes
    Nate Jaeger

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by george jaeger View Post
    Greetings,
    I build these out, you need to order #8-40 screws from EGW. Here are the two mounts available and have slight differences which will be obvious. If there are any questions about reloading or any other subject about this specific rifle please feel free to contact me. If you reload, it is really quite cheap to shoot because for obvious reasons you don't shoot it a lot.
    Best Wishes
    Nate Jaeger

LOL! Who are you trying to speak to “George”? This is quite an old thread & these aren’t even active members, save for one with a post in the last couple months.

I recommend doing some reading here. Familiarize yourself with active members & topics. Maybe start in the Introduce Yourself forum and tell us a little background. And better yet.. Show us some things you do. We love pictures here, along with stories. Just some thoughts. Welcome to the Forum btw.