Thread: 110 Stocks ( Improved? )

Basic Member

110 Stocks ( Improved? )

On different sites it`s not hard to find posters who denigrate Savage rifles in general, particularly in the realm of fit and finish, compared to the Tikkas and Bergaras of the world. Often mentioned is excessive flexibility in the stocks ( along with extraction and ejection issues ) I don`t have a frame of reference through which to compare, but the stock, both fore and aft, on my two year old 110 seem pretty rigid. Is this due to relatively recent improvements ? Are the stocks on the current 110 versions different from those on the Axis line? Also, through several hundred rounds now, I`ve had no failures to extract or eject. Did Savage go with a larger ball in the extractor to address those issues?

The pre accustoms. 110 synthetic stocks were very flexible the newer ones are much improved. I think the ejection problems were related to all the 110s being long actions but we’re offer in shorter rounds. You short stroke the action and not feed the next round.

Banned
    Only to a small degree. There were various extraction & ejection issues over the years. All of which are easily remedied with the correct know how. Short stroking wasn't so much a cause of any problem as it was simply a condition. Magazine feed lips were a great source of contention, as were the Extractor & the Ejector needing modified. The larger bearing ball was a great help as was the slight 45 degree bevel to the Ejector. It’s important to isolate the precise condition to properly address the concern. However, there was no blanket cause, such as the Short Action Cartridge in Long Action.

Thanks that is informative.