Hey barrel nut guys. I picked up a model 111 in 338 Win mag. used but not fired. I liked it because it had a crazy looking muzzle break. [ JP eliminator] like a tank muzzle. I had 2 other savages before but they had issues so i sold em. THis one i would like to keep for a while if i can work out the kinks. I have been reloading for 41 years now, so i know a few tricks... I think the gun is only a few years old. First time out had a lot of misfires. I tightened the back allen nut up and next time only had one misfire out of thirty. The pin protrusion is .48 to .52 i believe. I took bolt apart and its got a sleeve behind the firing pin that holds the cocking pin. no other springs. behind the firing pin. The spring measures 2.6 compressed as it is. While i had firing pin out i checked my brass. full length and necked sized. Head spacing looks fine..with both brass. What do you think?? I may not have any misfires with the neck sized brass. pin looks adjustable so i could let it out like 0.005 more protrusion?? or weak spring??? maybe?? i shoot steel from 400 to 1000 with my 708 varmint special, but hard to see steel move and no one is allowed downrange. So thats why i picked this 338 win mag up. Thanks Guys