Thread: ? Is the Trigger Group for A22 same as A17 ?

Basic Member

Unhappy ? Is the Trigger Group for A22 same as A17 ?

Hi - I've googled inet and can't find any definite answer to this. I did find a set of pics of all the constituent parts of the A17 group that I can send/post if there is interest. A 5-page doc/pdf with part-names.
    I'm trying to find a better OR additional way to improve the trigger-pull. I have done the V-spring and have a pull that runs from 2#9oz up to 3#7oz = Avg 3#2oz. per Wheeler Digital.

This has been a continuing Quest since I bought the rifle and found the 5# pull OEM.

MANY THANKS,
    ED

Basic Member
    the trigger is the same for the A17 and the A22 Magnum. The trigger for the A22 has a different ejector and will not work in an A22M or A17.

Basic Member
    thanks for that info Back. As I said I'm trying to get the trigger to a consistent pull under 2#. It's ridiculous that an otherwise good rifle has such a crap trigger system. I'm going to tear it apart and polish the heck out of everything and lube it with PTFE. At least the innerds don't collect too much dirt from firing. With the 3# + pull I'm lucky to keep it around 1" @ 50yds.

I have heard the JARD trigger is amazing.. just hard to put out that $250 for it. If anyone has any experience with other aftermarkets, I would be interested.

Basic Member
    Hi Josh - I just wanted to update on this thread - I have others RE the A22. After cleaning and polishing much of the action I couldn't get a very much better pull. I finally took the advice of some here and RFC, and got a Varmint Trigger spring from Gunshack. That got me about 2# pull, but still that disturbing 're-set Clunk' that's transmitted thru the stock right into your ear. I did get better accuracy, but finally traded for an old Rem 1100 ;-)