Thread: Need to adjust my trigger on my model 110 for a lighter trigger pull weight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Need to adjust my trigger on my model 110 for a lighter trigger pull weight

Hello all.

I am new to the Savage Shooters Forum but not new to Savage Firearms. I have a model 110 that was manufactured in May of 1995. That is all the information that I can find on it. Savage Arms says they donÂ’t have any information on my gun model and serial number. Savage Arms sent me to Cody Firearms and they are a museum that only keeps firearms records from 1895 to 1940. I am wanting to lighten the trigger pull. Right now the pull weight is at 7 lbs every time I measure it. I would like to get around 3 lbs. I have read and watched many videos and there are multiple ways this can done. I just donÂ’t know if I need to proceed with one of these methods or just have an entire new trigger assembly changed out. I have removed the stock and took several pictures but am having trouble figuring out how to upload pics to this post. Any help would be great greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. Any information on how to upload a picture would be extremely helpful also. Thank you.

Banned
    OK, let me ask you this. Does your trigger look similar to one of these?

Now, most importantly, does it have these THREE screws in these locations?

If not to either question, please explain what is different.

Basic Member
    Hello Mr. Hoback,

i have looked over the pictures in your post and compared them to my pics and trigger assembly and seem to find some sort of slight difference in each of them. Could you please try and give me instructions on how to add a picture to a post? I can get a picture in the post but if it’s extremely large. Thank you

Banned
    Easiest way to add a pic is go to https://imgbb.com/ Upload pics from your device. Then click on the image & Copy the “BBCode” link. Then just paste that saved link here. Very easy. No signing up, no email or personal info. It’s a 100% open site. The big thing is does your trigger have that front screw on the trigger, just under the Sear?

I wonder though… is this by any chance yours? This is the older type of trigger.

Basic Member

Banned
    Yes, you have the better(newer) 3-screw trigger. Follow the link that Jim posted in the duplicate thread you made after this. If you are able, you can greatly enhance the trigger’s feel by polishing the mating surfaces. (Not with a Dremel, and only do this if you have experience.) And as I said, you I will gladly send you one of the lighter Bar Springs I make, or just send you the wire to make one yourself. I know some people much rather do everything on their own. I am certainly like that, LOL!

After doing polishing(if you decide), and add the bar spring, follow this link by Jim, like he posted in the duplicate thread.
    https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...ent-Procedures

Or… as I offer to all members, young an send me the trigger & sear, and I would be happy to polish the surfaces & add the new Bar Spring & send it back to you. Then you simply reinstall & follow that link for setup. I do this for members here at no charge.

Basic Member
    Hello Mr. Hoback and Mr. Baker,

I just want to make sure i am correct about this. You said I had the newer version (three screw trigger assembly), which I’m not sure why I would have a newer assembly since my gun was manufactured in May of 1995 but that’s beside the point. So since I have the three screw assembly, can I just go to step 2 of the link y’all posted and adjust the “trigger pull weight adjustment screw” until I get three trigger pull weight down to around 3 lbs. or do I have to also change out the spring? Step 2 in the link says I can adjust the slotted screw with the hole down the center counter-clockwise to the desired trigger pull weight. It also says just to be careful not to adjust it too much because it could cause accidental discharge of the weapon with is common sense but common sense ain’t so common to some people. Lol. Also, I apologize for creating duplicate posts in the Model 110 section. Like I said, I’m new to the Savage Shooters page but not to Savage guns. I also own a Savage MSR 10 Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. I just put an entire new trigger assembly in it. Looking forward to hearing your replies. Thank y’all very much for taking the time to reply back with such valuable information.

Basic Member
    If. your trigger looks like the first pic in Dave's post, that is with the L shaped round wire, get a wire from a buzz bait and cut it to match the contour of the heavy factory wire. Second, if it has the screw under the sear engagement, you can adjust down to about 3#.

Banned
    Or I can send you one of the bar springs I make. Or, if you want to do it, I can just send you the wire I use. It’s very good quality Spring wire. In the picture below you can see how much thinner the Springs I make are compared to stock Savage Bar Spring.