Thread: ATF Unveils Pistol Brace Rule

ATF Unveils Pistol Brace Rule

Just so that everyone who may be affected is aware, the ATF has released their new rule regarding pistol braces. Basically, anything that has a barrel under 16" and is fitted with a pistol brace will be considered an short-barreled rifle (SBR) requiring you to have a NFA tax stamp for it. I'm sure there will be several lawsuits to challenge it, but for now it's the law of the land.

For additional details I'll refer you to this article at AmmoLand.com: https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/atf...ing-is-an-sbr/

This video also has some good info in it:

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

2. 01-15-2023, 10:46 PM
    Reason
    Promoting/condoning violence and/or illegal activities

Just watched this and thought I'd share for those who are affected by this new pistol brace rule. Basic summary is that a G.O.A. lawyer discovered the ATF's little entrapment scheme built into this new 280+ page rule.

Fortunately I'm not one that's going to be affected by this with any of my firearms. For years I've been shaking my head at the firearms industry for deliberately and intentionally "poking the bear" by looking for gray areas and loop-holes in the rules to exploit with new products, knowing full well that each and every time they do this they just give the law makers and the ATF more reason to look at changing the laws or regulations. These companies within the industry don't care one bit so long as they make their truckloads of $$ off we the consumers for however many years it takes the laws/reg's to catch up and ban their products. Whether it's bump stocks, binary trigger systems, pistol braces, short-barreled shotguns that technically aren't shotguns or pistols, 80% receivers and jig kits, etc. - they're all products that by design are deliberately "poking the bear". But when that bear wakes up in an angry rage it's not the manufacturers who are the ones who end up getting bitten, it's we the end consumers who do simply for being in possession of things that are suddenly and arbitrarily no longer legal. We lose the money we spent on those items - possibly have to destroy whole firearms, and/or we may face felony charges carrying serious prison time and fines simply for being in possession of that accessory or firearm.

We have a big enough fight just trying to retain our rights for common use firearms such as MSR's, standard capacity magazines, the right to lawfully carry and defend ourselves, and in some states even the right to purchase ammo without having to be subjected to a background check. We don't need to be making that fight even harder on ourselves by flocking to these silly gimmicky products just because they "look cool" or are "entertaining" for 5-10 minutes at the range. We the consumer need to start telling the manufacturers within the industry that we're tired of their trading our Second Amendment freedoms away to line their own pockets with such products that keep drawing the ire of that sleeping bear. Until we do that we're just going to continue on with this perpetual cycle which only hurts us - the consumers - while the manufacturers just keep raking in the $$ because far too many in our camp can't resist the temptation to buy such pointless products simply for the cool or fun factor.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain