Thread: New to this forum but not to Savage Firearms. Still learning everyday.

Basic Member

New to this forum but not to Savage Firearms. Still learning everyday.

Hello all,

i am a new member to this forum but not new to owning Savage guns. I received my first Savage as a gift from my parents in 1995. It was a model 110 in .270 caliber. It has been one heck of a gun and still going strong today. The only charges I’ve made to the gun is the scope. I am having a hard time finding any information pertaining to this gun. Savage doesn’t have records for my particular serial number so they directed me to Cody Firearms. Cody Firearms is a museum that only have records on guns from 1895-1940. It has beena little frustrating. I was diagnosed with a pretty serious auto immune/nerve and muscle diseases around 1999. It has affected my hands and feet pretty badly so my hands are really weak. I am wanting to adjust the trigger pull weight on this particular Savage and I’m stuck with what steps to take to get this accomplished. I know this is an introduce yourself post and I’ve probably already included too much information so I’ll post another thread related to this topic in the correct location. Looking forward to joining this forum. New from Mississippi!

Banned
    Welcome Bud… not a problem partner. Post a thread in the Model 110 section & we’ll get you squared away. Real quick, are you able to remove the barreled Action from the stock & take a couple picks of the trigger so we know which trigger you have?

Basic Member
    Yes sir I can do that. I have already had the stock off once not too long ago and I’m pretty sure by the looks of the barreled action that this is the first time the stock has ever been removed. I’m gonna need to do some pretty good cleaning to it as well. I might not get to it this evening but will definitely try to tomorrow if I can’t this evening. I will let you know in this thread whenever I get the pictures posted in a thread of the model 110 section. Thank you for the for reply.

Welcome to the group. Keep us informed of your progress.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage
    welcome

Basic Member
    Thank you!

Basic Member
    I certainly will do my best. I’m still learning more and more each and every day. Thank you