Thread: 30 Reece

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

30 Reece

Gerald’s post of his 30 Reece carbine got me wondering. Has anyone heard from or had contact with Carson Reece recently?

Basic Member
    Tommy had tried to contact him for quite a while but never did find him, not sure what ever happened to him.

I have tried to get in touch with him a couple of times over the last few years to no avail, I have an old phone number if you want to give it a shot Mark. I have also looked for an obituary and (thankfully) didn't find anything.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

And all those related posts on SP. Gone forever.

Basic Member
    There is a nice MGM SS octagon barrel in .30 Reece on Gunbroker right now. I used my best Google-Fu but couldn't find a set of dies anywhere. CH-4D doesn't list them in their list of cartridges either. I'd love to bid on it but without dies it would be useless.

Hornady used to make the dies, not listed anymore. They will make you a custom set. I’ve been watching that barrel also but it will probably go for more than I want to spend considering the price of custom dies.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Sanders View Post
    There is a nice MGM SS octagon barrel in .30 Reece on Gunbroker right now. I used my best Google-Fu but couldn't find a set of dies anywhere. CH-4D doesn't list them in their list of cartridges either. I'd love to bid on it but without dies it would be useless.
    I have a set of dies Carson gave me years ago but no barrel , one of these days!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    I have tried to get in touch with him a couple of times over the last few years to no avail, I have an old phone number if you want to give it a shot Mark. I have also looked for an obituary and (thankfully) didn't find anything.
    Bob why don’t you text me his number.

Basic Member
    pretty sure MGM is still chambering for the .30badger, which is more or less the same thing....basically a 38spl case resized in a 7.62Tokarev die ; that would eliminate the need for very spendy custom 30Reece dies.

by either name, the .30reece/badger are about the same case capacity as the 32/20, which can easily be uploaded to about the same speeds.

Team Savage
    I just sent my MGM 300 BO to have it rimmed to use 360 DW brass no special dies, For my 30 Badger I bought Lee Tokarev dies on the first use I had to send them in to have the FL die fixed it was like a cheese grater in side at the shoulder works like butter now, I have have hundreds of cases made cheap 38spc I still want a 30 Reece

Will do Mark!