Thread: Savage 110 7SAUM value assistance

Savage 110 7SAUM value assistance

Hello all, I am new to the forum and I don't know if this is allowed. If not please take it down and my apologies

I am trying to put a value on a rifle and plan on selling it local in Az, and would like your assistance

The rifle wears a 26 inch varmint contour stainless McGowen barrel chambered In 7SAUM 1-9 twist. It is a top bolt release and it has a Savage stock with a swelled palm. It has some sort of duracoat paint job. I thought it was a rattle can I tested the bottom of the barrel with acetone and it didn't affect it.
    I would like to sell it with all that I have for it, 60 or so one shot nosler brass, 5 boxes of factory loaded ammo 4 remington and 1 nosler accubond. Set of Forster micrometer die set.
    I traded into it 5 years or so ago. I have never shot it and it just sits. I have a new build that I want to do and need some funds to do so. Barrel has under 150 rounds through it. Weight 9lb 14oz

Once again if I'm out of line let me know

Banned
    Well, it’s worth what someone will pay for it. I can tell you any Savage in todays market will sell for $400-$500. Now a custom build like yours can cost well over $1000 with the rifle. And you over $150 worth of ammo/brass, not to mention the Die set. You wouldn’t be out of line asking $1500+ for everything. The problem, it’s a niche market. Unfortunately, you need to find the person who wants a 7-SAUM. I’ve been interested in one several times. Problem is, I would never buy a custom Savage. I build my own, the way I want it. And there in lies the problem with Savage. Most consumers don’t want a built Savage. They want a cheap hunting rifle. Typically, only Savage fans like me, appreciate built Savage rifles. But again, we build our own. I won’t even buy a Savage new! I look for them used, because I’m only concerned with the Action.

Team Savage

Don't know what demand exists for the 7SAUM, but, HSM Trophy Gold ammo is $85/box and Nosler Trophy Grade is $118/box at Brownells. Nosler Premium brass is $110.49/25 and Peterson is $75.99/50 at Brownells - no brass or ammo in stock.

The Forster Ultra micrometer seating die retails for $155 without a sizing die ($75). Based on that, I'd say your ammo, once fired brass, and dies are worth at least $500.

I'd list the package on Gunbroker.

Thank you both for your replies.

I was thinking $1250 for the package and with your input I think Im there in value. Thanks you guys again