New to this site but really liking it. Joined because I am going on a varmint/predator hunt in South Africa and taking a Savage rifle. Here is the deal- I have been to Africa numerous times mostly hunting. I contacted a buddy who has a sheep farm over there about hunting baboons, monkeys (yes they are different) and other nuisance animals. About 20 years ago he took me to an ostrich farm that had baboons coming off the mountain every day eating ostrich food and causing havoc. We layed about 100 yards away and sniped them. It was huge fun. He also took me hunting jackals and night predators. I shot a large number of things with him. His name is Willem and he owns Melton Wold in the Karoo.

anyway I wanted to do this again as it is cheap. It is not a typical luxury hunt in Africa. Again it is cheap fun going to farms like this and helping with animal control. Right now there are definitely two of us going with two more trying to go. Optimum number is 6 people. So have 2-4 spots left.

I am not making anything off this nor am I getting a financial break (other than we have more buying power with 4-6 of us). I just love hunting and meeting other hunters. This is not a plainsgame hunt. I expect some outside options but really only go expecting to shoot baboons and monkeys, which alone is great fun.

my name is adam and let me know if interested and I can give you details. The goal is cheap fun for about a week in South Africa.

adam