Thread: Anyone buy online from Sportsmans Gun Shop in Mobile , AL

Anyone buy online from Sportsmans Gun Shop in Mobile , AL

Just wondering if anyone has made online purchases from Sportsmans Gunshop in Moblie ,AL ?

They seem to have alot of brass,primers and powder in stock at very low prices . I'm talking about $20 -$50 dollars less on Lapua brass and 8lb powders when most other places don't even have it .

I want to get 2 boxes of Lapua brass and an 8lb keg of LT-30 but it seems to be to good to be true .

Basic Member
    If you check their address and then google street view you will find it is a residence, not a store front.

When I do a web search on google, their website comes up with an orange !, which means they are questionable. The results of the search also get mashed up with many legitimate companies that have the word "sportsman" in their name which makes it hard to figure out if they are legit or not. I went to their website and put 1000 rounds of 5.56 in the cart. The only payment options are Zelle, Cashapp, Paypal, and Venmo. These are a red flag and enough to make me believe they are a scam website. Add the fact that paypal doesn't allow firearms or ammunition purchases and that just seals it for me.

Banned
    I wouldn’t. Not that it’s a scam kind you. I’m sure it’s just a guy with own wholesale business. He never touches a product. Just takes money and orders at his dealer price. Problem is, guys like this show “In Stock” for everything. They take payment right away then tell you it’s going to be X-amount of weeks, or it’s backordered. So not technically a scam…, but, yeah. No thanks. Go with legit busynesses or private shops you know & trust.

BTW.. what is it you are looking for? I’d be happy to help. This may sound like gloating but it’s really not. (Not something to gloat about.. just that I’m disabled & always online.) But sincerely, I am a gifted researcher. I have a knack for finding products online & always at the best prices. I find things many times when others are saying it’s out of stock everywhere. Like I said though, I’m always happy to help. Even with locating a product for a good price.

I haven't personally ordered anything from this store, but I've heard great things about them. They have some killer deals on Lapua brass and powders like LT-30, which are hard to find now. I did some digging and found that they have a vast selection, which is a massive plus for those who are into guns. However, I have yet to see any muzzleloader equipment available from them, so I had to order 209 primers for muzzleloaders from another store. Just be sure to double-check your order and keep an eye on shipping costs. You never know when those insidious pickings will try to sneak up on you.

Team Savage

No reputable major online supplier has CCI200s let alone bricks for $51.99 and no limit. I put 5 bricks in the cart, flat rate shipping of $25 and no Hazmat charges, hmm. Payment options are Zelle, Cashap, Venmo, and PayPal. Red flags.

BBB rating D+ - https://www.bbb.org/us/al/mobile/pro...463-1000023942

Scam detector rates this business 47.8 out of 100 - https://www.bbb.org/us/al/mobile/pro...463-1000023942

Beware.

Hello All, joined to tell everyone this site Sportsmans Gunshop is 100% a scam. They got me for a hundred bucks and 327 other people that Im now attached to an email chain with where this company is saying we all owe like $400. Anyway, don’t get excited like I did and jump on those fake deals. Hope this helps someone. Unfortunately theres not much repercussion for these people.
    And side note - I researched a little and it seems this same guy has a couple websites. Pretty much the same logo and the same chat/ payment methods.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingas View Post
    Hello All, joined to tell everyone this site Sportsmans Gunshop is 100% a scam. They got me for a hundred bucks and 327 other people that Im now attached to an email chain with where this company is saying we all owe like $400. Anyway, don’t get excited like I did and jump on those fake deals. Hope this helps someone. Unfortunately theres not much repercussion for these people.
    And side note - I researched a little and it seems this same guy has a couple websites. Pretty much the same logo and the same chat/ payment methods.
    PT Barnum was right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    PT Barnum was right.
    One every minute, eh? Well, I won’t call everyone who’s been taken a sucker, but I do stress to people never buy from a place that doesn’t have a physical location number 1. Because I’m nuts with that. I will travel across the country & spend twice as much just on principle! Number 2, I don’t trust any of this nonsense currency. I like using my Debit/Mastercard attached to a specific account in my Credit Union. Any problem I bring up a case with them & they charge it back. Had to do it one time a few years back. Although people have said PayPal and such are scam proof to the buyer? And in fact it’s the seller who can be more easily cheated? I don’t know. I won’t use them them anymore. All this new cash apps, digital currency whatnot, is leading to the Mark of Beast anyway.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    PT Barnum was right.
    He sure was.

Too good to be true deals usually never are. I'm constantly amazed at folks who can find these deals yet not question or validate reputation of the seller...just a matter of a few key strokes.