Thread: Handgun Hunters Competition 2023

Basic Member

Handgun Hunters Competition 2023

HHC June 16-17, 2023. 3rd annual match! The largest gathering of handgun hunters in the USA! We have multiple divisions for all the different handguns people hunt with.

HHC is a 501(c)3 non profit!

Great prize table!

Prairie dog shoot to follow!

For info: www.handgunhunterscomp.com

Founded in 2021, Handgun Hunter's Competition is a fun and challenging match that gives you the chance to take your favorite hunting handguns out and ring some steel. HHC is held in Newcastle, WY which is surrounded by the Black Hills and many tourist attractions are nearby.
    HHC is focused around four handgun divisions which cover the vast majority of hunting handguns. We have pistol/revolver iron sight division, pistol/revolver optics division, rimfire, and single shot pistol division. Rules on these firearms can be found in a document on the rules and information page.

We focus on hits! Only hits count when you are hunting and we award more points for a first round hit and only half the points if you connect on the second shot after missing the first.

We have multiple stages where you will shoot from your choice of realistic field positions at steel targets placed at reasonable ranges. We have generous time limits and do not force you to shoot from unrealistic field positions.

Competitors provide their own field shooting rest, bags, and supports just like they would when they go hunting. We do have some restrictions applied to these to reduce the "equipment race". These rules can be found in a document on the rules and information page.

HHC is designed to help handgun hunters build upon their skill set, introduce new handgun hunters to the sport, show competitors the capabilities and limitations of handgun hunting, and to have fun!

"Doing the impossible with a handgun"

This is a great shooting event! My wife and I both have participated in the past two shoots and enjoyed every aspect. Whether you're a beginner or seasoned professional, this shoot will appeal to all. It's fun, friendly, and provides the best practice for handgun hunting. I've learned a lot from this shoot and will continue trying to improve. Can't wait for June to roll around -- and my wife is practicing every chance she gets.

Basic Member
    Once I’m done with this round of surgeries (end of Jan) we plan to start practicing as well…

Basic Member
    17 spots remaining for HHC 2023. We cap at 60

Basic Member
    Ruger just signed on as the Match Title Sponsor.

Ruger’s Handgun Hunter’s Competition 2023.

Basic Member
    That’s real good news Chris.

Basic Member
    13 spots remain. We cap at 60

Basic Member
    Only 4 openings remain.

Basic Member
    HHC 2023 is sold out!