Thread: Savage 219C 30/30

Savage 219C 30/30

Here’s one we don’t talk about. I inherited one several years ago. Some day I’d like to have it D&T for a scope. Is there a one piece base available? I’ve seen two base sets in photos, but I’d rather go with a one piece if possible. Is there anything to be aware of when drilling the barrel or is it a pretty straightforward task?

I think the only scope mounts I've seen for one have been 2 pc Weavers?

Seems like it was so many years ago... Not sure.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

There should be a 1 piece that will work on it. I'm thinking it has a groove over the chamber, correct? I had one in .22 Hornet several years ago that had a side mounted base on it. As far as drilling and tapping, it should be pretty straight forward.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Yes, it has a pair of grooves, almost like a rimfire barrel has. I’ve seen the side mounts but I don’t particularly care for those.

Quote Originally Posted by BT View Post
    Yes, it has a pair of grooves, almost like a rimfire barrel has. I’ve seen the side mounts but I don’t particularly care for those.
    I've got a Weaver K4-60B on mine with Weaver (older) clamp style bases....

Basic Member
    The few I have seen had a grooved barrel for a mount. Probably 3/8" / 11mm, check out BKL for mounts. Airguns and .22's often use this type mount and they are available.

I recently read where a fella used an Encore scope base. Said the contour was comparable. I’ve yet to check myself but MGM offers their bases in a few different lengths, so I’m thinking a 4” may be the choice to go with to limit the overhang at the front as he mentioned a standard length base did hang out there a bit due to the taper of the barrel.

A buddy just discovered a gunsmith relatively nearby who does custom rifle building, so I may have a candidate to do the D&T for me.