Thread: KRG Bravo for Savage

Basic Member

KRG Bravo for Savage

Good news: KRG is now going to be offering the Bravo chassis/stock for the Savage action. It states it will be for SA side release, I'm guessing that means top, and bottom releases will be SOL. Also that 223/5.56 requires a "small mod to work with AICS mags". *Not compatible with Axis.

MSRP is $400

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/bravo-savage/

Supposedly a release Dec 22.

Basic Member

Banned
    They need to offer the Whiskey-3 as well. I actually sent them an email they are missing a big part of the market.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    They need to offer the Whiskey-3 as well. I actually sent them an email they are missing a big part of the market.
    I think it would be great if they offered the whiskey... but don't ever see it happening- even though once they have the info to inlet the bravo it should be fairly easy to do a different one. But the fact that they took so long to do the bravo would make be think they weren't seeing a huge demand for it. Add in the fact that savage changes things so much it makes it a pain.... they can have one stock that will fit all the 700's ever made (well 2- one for LA & SA) and a high percentage of the aftermarket actions and clones-- or they can mess around with all the variables from savage. Even though I would like one- I understand it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    I think it would be great if they offered the whiskey... but don't ever see it happening- even though once they have the info to inlet the bravo it should be fairly easy to do a different one. But the fact that they took so long to do the bravo would make be think they weren't seeing a huge demand for it. Add in the fact that savage changes things so much it makes it a pain.... they can have one stock that will fit all the 700's ever made (well 2- one for LA & SA) and a high percentage of the aftermarket actions and clones-- or they can mess around with all the variables from savage. Even though I would like one- I understand it.

They are missing a window of profit. The amount of aftermarket parts for Savage has exploded all in the last decade… and the overwhelming amount in the last 5 years! Chassis manufacturers went from 2 or 3, to probably almost a DOZEN now! And a few with multiple models. KRG isn’t a “Parts” manufacturer. They are a in fact Chassis manufacturer! Given the many Stock & Chassis manufacturers, MDT is a Juggernaut among them! I’m willing to bet Savage owners make up a considerable portion of their sales. It wouldn’t surprise me if Sales to Savage owners was the primary outlet of their business. KRG could have the same, but seems to me they have some “Yester-year” frame of mind calling the shots. They think all Savage owners are dumb broke kids or older men who just want a hunt’n rifle in 30-06. And for that, they are losing out big time. Because I know if the Whiskey-3 became available for Savage SA & LA, they would sell A-KAJILLION of them.

Basic Member
    They are missing a window of profit. The amount of aftermarket parts for Savage has exploded all in the last decade… and the overwhelming amount in the last 5 years! Chassis manufacturers went from 2 or 3, to probably almost a DOZEN now! And a few with multiple models. KRG isn’t a “Parts” manufacturer. They are a in fact Chassis manufacturer! Given the many Stock & Chassis manufacturers, MDT is a Juggernaut among them! I’m willing to bet Savage owners make up a considerable portion of their sales. It wouldn’t surprise me if Sales to Savage owners was the primary outlet of their business. KRG could have the same, but seems to me they have some “Yester-year” frame of mind calling the shots. They think all Savage owners are dumb broke kids or older men who just want a hunt’n rifle in 30-06. And for that, they are losing out big time. Because I know if the Whiskey-3 became available for Savage SA & LA, they would sell A-KAJILLION of them.
    They offered the 180 Alpha chassis for a limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    Add in the fact that savage changes things so much it makes it a pain.... they can have one stock that will fit all the 700's ever made (well 2- one for LA & SA) and a high percentage of the aftermarket actions and clones-- or they can mess around with all the variables from savage. Even though I would like one- I understand it.
    Despite Dave's assertions, this is EXACTLY the reason so few aftermarket companies want anything to do with Savage's. Not only are there 3 generations of 110-series to contend with, but you also have the Axis and now possibly (though very unlikely) the Impulse series. There's just far too many variables to contend with, and those that do end up like Boyds with 101 different options on their drop-down menu to try to accommodate them all which just leaves customers scratching their heads in confusion.

The "smarter" aftermarket companies out there are only offering chassis and stocks for the current "Gen 3" configuration of Savage 110's as that's going to be the bulk of their market. But even then they still have to contend with Savage's top or bottom bolt release nonsense.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Yes, I agree with that. Still, MDT has become a force in Chassis systems. They make high quality including the best dollar/performance option available in the Oryx.

Just a smart business model.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
    They offered the 180 Alpha chassis for a limited time.
    I do remember that. They offered it for what, about 15 minutes!? LOL! Seriously, I was actually contemplating it, then it was gone. A few were lucky to get one. But now, with this “Bravo”, it does solidify what KRG thinks of Savage owners. That we all just want a hunting style stock. I wonder what they’ll have next? Ooo! I know.. The Bravo Stock will be available for a week or two, then they will abruptly stop producing it, while parts suppliers don’t even have the time to eliminate the add from their web sites. A year or THREE will go by, at which point KRG will “announce” they will soon release the Charlie stock for Savage 110. It will look like a stock for a Musket, come with a pre-rotted 2 point leather strap sling, and a free Elmer Fudd hat. Because they know what Savage owners want!

Quote Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
    It states it will be for SA side release, I'm guessing that means top, and bottom releases will be SOL. Also that 223/5.56 requires a "small mod to work with AICS mags". *Not compatible with Axis. MSRP is $400
    Since the munufacturer considers the top release as a side release, most of us are OK. The rest will need to convert. https://kineticresearchgroup.com/wp-...VG-BLK-B01.jpg
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Dave, If you want a Whiskey 3 chassis, all you have to do is buy a Bravo chassis and change out the butt stock portion to the Whiskey 3. The backbone in the Bravo is the same as the Whiskey 3.
    KRG will probably do it for you if you call them. My first Bravo chassis only came in RH, and I talked them into shipping it with a LH Whiskey 3 backbone. I just had to mill out the bolt handle slot on the outer plastic cover.

Woox also makes a chassis for Savage, in 3 different styles.

Banned
    Thanks TX, I didn’t mean for me personally. I was just saying at one time I was looking at them. I didn’t know the buttstock could be swapped. That’s good for DIY’ers, but only a few would want to go through doing this. I don’t see KRG selling the Whiskey-3 buttstock though.

You should do a thread on that for those who might want it.

Basic Member
    Thanks TX, I didn’t mean for me personally. I was just saying at one time I was looking at them. I didn’t know the buttstock could be swapped. That’s good for DIY’ers, but only a few would want to go through doing this. I don’t see KRG selling the Whiskey-3 buttstock though.

You should do a thread on that for those who might want it.
    KRG sells just the buttstock portion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
    KRG sells just the buttstock portion.
    Maybe they used to, but it’s not listed on their website any longer. The Bravo & X-Ray buttstocks are listed, but not the Whiskey-3. Unless perhaps you need to call & ask for it? Anyway, great concept.

States on their website the Bravo for a Savage is a 1pc unit and not compatible with different forends or backends, and picture shows it as such.

Banned
    Yes pdog, thank you. We’ve had other discussions since this thread & I believe most have come to understand the Bravo Chassis for the Savage is proprietary from the other Action’s Bravos. Shame really. It’s still a decent piece of kit at an affordable price, but they could have done so much more.

Yep