Hello all! IÂ’m a new guy to the forum and honestly new to forums in general. IÂ’d like to start out by saying thank you to all for making this possible. ItÂ’s nice to have a place to ask questions and have discussions about your hobbies.

Anyways, first of many questions iÂ’m sure, I recently purchased a Savage model 16 in 7mm rem mag from a good friend of mine. IÂ’m a greenhorn hunter, fell into the rabbit hole of best rifle calibers for medium to large game hunting, and found myself very intrigued by the ballistic capabilities of the 7 mag. Was lucky I guess that I had a friend asking if I wanted to purchase this Savage from him as he is interested in the new 7PRC. Through my research IÂ’ve found out this rifle seems to be pre accutrigger as it has the flat back action. Living out west, my hopes are make this rifle capable of long range shots, hopefully fairly accurate to 1000 yards. I donÂ’t plan to take an animal at that distance, but knowing the gun is capable will give me the extra confidence as it is very common to be unable to get closer than 400-500 yards to game in the areas I hunt. My question is does anyone know if this gun is capable of accuracy at 1000 yards? Preferably using Hornady ELD-X factory ammo? It is completely factory stock, including the original silver Bushnell 3-9x34 scope it came with. I plan to put a better scope setup on it for better distances, I just want to know if the gun itself is capable, or is there are other mods recommended to make it capable.

I had a bad experience with my first rifle, a cheap Remington 770 in .270win. I spent a good amount of money attempting to make it my hunt rifle and found it wonÂ’t shoot ammo consistently that isnÂ’t named Remington core lokt.

Thank you all for your time!