Thread: Savage 220

Savage 220

Just picked up a new savage 220. I got the thumb hole stock and the recoil pad is labled Boyds. Anybody know if the entire stock on these thumb hole units is a boyds stock or are they just using boyds recoil pad?
    Scope is in the mail, scored a bushnell banner from Natchez for $54. I know bushnells are not top tier scopes but I've had them on several guns for years with no problems, hoping for the same results on this one.
    Looking forward to deer season. The Ithica Deer Slayer 12ga (circa 1996) will be a backup/loaner now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Awaiting scope.

Team Savage
    looks like boyds.go to there website

Agreed. I emailed savage yesterday to ask. They usually respond in a couple days. Will post back here when they comfirm/deny.
    I actually looked into buying a synthetic stock 220 then buying a boyds thumbhole stock but it woulda been more $ that way (at least for the price I got this $699).

I was happy to see the trigger gaurd is metal on this... my 110 is plastic.

Confirmed it is a boyds stock on the 220 thumbhole direct from savage. Wonder who else they partner with on their guns.

Scoped and sighted in. About 2.5 inch group at 100 yards without much effort.
    Had ejection issues as many others have experienced with almost every pull of the bolt. Turns out the ejector was not raising enough to catch back of shell and force it out. Gave it a little tap with a rod and mallet to push it a hair higher and no more issues.

Below: This is looking up from the mag cut out. Notice ejector stuck below the shell, not pushing into the back of shell to force it out... this is with bolt back. Probably an issue with short or weak spring not forcing the ejector all the way up but a little tweak of the ejector seems to have done the trick. I will break it all down after deer season to see if there is anything else that needs attention but it's cycling now like it should.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk