Thread: 300 prc

300 prc

Hello all I'm new to this site. I just bought a 300prc Precision elite long range rifle and it didn't come with a muzzle brake and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for one. Primarily want to reduce recoil
    Thanks.

Banned
    Welcome! Good to have you & great choice.. enjoy it. I can’t give you personal experience, however, I can tell you there isn’t one brake at the top of the food chain. Many of the side port designs today work equally well at reducing recoil. Although, the more recoil they reduce, the louder they are with more percussion/blast & annoyance to other shooters. Ever shot next to someone with a big magnum Brake rifle? It can be interesting. I’d recommend watching some shootouts on YouTube. Shows them in action, and sometimes even use measuring devices.

Basic Member
    I have done a bit of looking and if i was to go with a brake instead of a silencer, i would probably go with a EC Tuner brake or an Area 419 Hellfire brake. I haven't used either so take it for what it is worth.

From what i have seen the radial brakes are decent, but 3 port brakes are where you want to go for major recoil reduction... but a big can is where it is at!

Basic Member
    Good luck deciding, it's endless.

One note: I saw a test on brakes regarding ports, and basically after 2-3 ports there is very minimal gain.