Thread: Let’s see your carry gun.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Let’s see your carry gun.

I carry this pistol every time I leave my home. I built it as I do all my firearms the last many years. The frame is an 8”% from Polymer 80. It has the close to the size & feel of and accepts the parts of a Glock 26. While the barrel, trigger assembly are factory Glock, almost all other internal parts are from Shadow Systems. They make Glock factory replacement parts, which are higher quality than Glock factory parts. It is 9x19 & loaded with Federal Tactical HST 124gr.

The holster is an inexpensive IWB Kydex unit. In my youth, I sunk quite a bit of money into expensive Kydex holsters. But some years back I started working with Kydex myself & learned something important…. Kydex is Kydex! LOL! I’m sure will be proponents of leather, and that’s fine. I will only use Kydex as it provides sure retention without an extra enclosure. (No lock, no snap loop, etc.) Same reason I prefer to carry a striker fire pistol with no external thumb safety. Just one more thing that either slows ya down, or aids in shooting yourself in the leg! (See Tex Grebner) No, I like simplicity. Kydex IWB, worn at about 5 o’clock.

So…. What ya’s got?

Retired my G19 last year for the Sig 365. Easy to conceal and shoots fantastic. I love the capacity. Everyone I know who carrys a duty weapon always says "how'd they do that" when they find out its capacity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211209_133034~2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	8810
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

just an MP9
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Standard Glock 43.

Presently it's a Kahr CM9 in a Crossbreed IWB, but looking to change that up soon.

Name:	DSC00885.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	257.6 KB 
ID:	8812

Had been waiting to get the new Savage Stance in for review before buying something else just in case I liked it, but think it's going to be a hard pass on it at this point as it just doesn't feel right in my hand and frankly I can barely hit the broad side of a barn with it so far. lol

Name:	Savage Stance.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	8813
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    Retired my G19 last year for the Sig 365. Easy to conceal and shoots fantastic. I love the capacity. Everyone I know who carrys a duty weapon always says "how'd they do that" when they find out its capacity.
    You said it. Yeah, Sig has revolutionized packing 10lbs. ‘o crap in a 5lb. package for sure! But it’s actually easy to see how they did it. Steel vs Polymer mags number one. Also, the mag is a good bit longer than other compacts, and this is aided in part by a slightly higher bore centerline. Last thing, (and this is actually a bit of a con), the polymer wall thickness of the frame, & magwell especially in the P365 is paper thin as compacts go. It’s not a gun to last, if shot regularly. Now… shot once in a while, and a as a carry gun, FANTASTIC! Just don’t expect 100,000+++ rounds through it like a Glock!

I sincerely thought about one. But in the end, if it hadn’t been about building my own pistol, I would have chose the SW M&P Shield. I just think the Shield is the finest shooting ultra compact 9mm. But, that’s just me.

Only reason I don't own any Sig's is that they lack an ambi slide catch/release. Being a southpaw, that's kinda important to me. So, since the aforementioned Stance is out of the running I'll probably end up with what I'd been looking at previously - either a M&P Shield or a subcompact 9mm 1911. Trying to avoid buying any more poly framed pistols at this point as they have horrible resale values with the market being so flooded over the last decade.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Jim… didn’t you have any nuns to Rapp your Left hand enough for you stop using it? LOL! Seriously, I was a big proponent of shooting both Right & Left handed with pistols. For exactly the scenario of loss of use of one’s primary hand. In my case, yes, but more to happening during a firefight; in the heat of battle so to speak. Unfortunately I didn’t get enough time to true Ambi skills before my accident. But I was “Ok” enough that I could instruct use to others when I was pistol training.

I also had a Kahr… a CW9 years & years ago. Ya know…. To this day, that Kahr was the nicest “feeling” single stack pistol I’ve ever used. (And I’ve used just about ALL of them, aside from a few new models.) The Kahr just felt pleasant in hand. But holy cow that trigger! At like 9lbs or something! As good as the gun felt in hand, was as BAD as the trigger felt to my index finger! BLAH!

In addition to the 365 I also have the G42 which I tried for a while in the summer. At a nearly identical size, the power of the 9mm over the .380 and double the capacity made the Sig a no brainer. Yeah theres a difference in weight but weight doesn't print like size.
    A good gunbelt like the Bigfoot with the steel core really helps and even carries the Big G20 and a spare mag without sagging.

Name:	20220312_174654~2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	8814

Name:	20220312_174557.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	8815]
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Jim… didn’t you have any nuns to Rapp your Left hand enough for you stop using it? LOL! Seriously, I was a big proponent of shooting both Right & Left handed with pistols. For exactly the scenario of loss of use of one’s primary hand. In my case, yes, but more to happening during a firefight; in the heat of battle so to speak. Unfortunately I didn’t get enough time to true Ambi skills before my accident. But I was “Ok” enough that I could instruct use to others when I was pistol training.

I also had a Kahr… a CW9 years & years ago. Ya know…. To this day, that Kahr was the nicest “feeling” single stack pistol I’ve ever used. (And I’ve used just about ALL of them, aside from a few new models.) The Kahr just felt pleasant in hand. But holy cow that trigger! At like 9lbs or something! As good as the gun felt in hand, was as BAD as the trigger felt to my index finger! BLAH!
    Yeah, the Kahr triggers are a bit on the heavy site and have a mile-long pull being a DA trigger, but I actually prefer that in a carry gun as a safety feature. Simply put, you know it isn't going to go off unless you deliberately make it. Also, in a high adrenalin situation you don't even notice the long or heavy pull. Fortunately the pull on the two I've owned have both been right around 6-lbs. out the box.