Thread: Savages announces a 1911!

Thumbs Up Savages announces a 1911!

Guess you missed my posting of the press release Mike.

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...-Game-for-2023
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Actually, i dont really leave the SP area so i would not see it, feel free to delete this post.

Is there a search that shows posts that are "new since last visit"?

No worries Mike, was just joshing with ya.

As for a new posts link, if you look right under the Home button at the very top left of the page you'll see some test that says "New Posts." The other option is to click the "What's New" button on the main menu just below the site logo. Either should get you what you're looking for.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Not for nothin’… but you might want to have a look in the other sub forums. And don’t forget the FAQS, Articles & such. So much great information here. Some really good firearms minds here.

Nice looking pistol, but then it's a 1911! At that price point they are competing with some pretty good guns, I'm anxious to get my hands on one.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Team Savage
    wait for a write up on them.good looking pistols

Well apparently Savage's new 1911 has Maggie's approval.

Banned
    Uhg! I was half expecting her to load the magazine, fans a shot, then turn towards everyone behind her smiling nd laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Uhg! I was half expecting her to load the magazine, fans a shot, then turn towards everyone behind her smiling nd laughing!
    Apparently you don't follow God Family and Guns on YouTube. Maggie and her husband run a gun shop and she's quite the shooter. She's also quite the character with a great personality and has become a regular guest on Mark's channel.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Apparently you don't follow God Family and Guns on YouTube. Maggie and her husband run a gun shop and she's quite the shooter. She's also quite the character with a great personality and has become a regular guest on Mark's channel.
    I wasn’t referring to her shooting. I didn’t say she did anything wrong. I said I was half expecting”. This was due to her mannerism, & the way she was standing. The slight lean backwards stance. Reminded me of the years I spent instructing. Trained hundreds of different men & women from different backgrounds, different ages and races. And no matter far apart their different walks of life, both men & women followed very closely to the same instinctual habits. The way they stood, the way they gripped the weapon, the way they sighted & yes, the excitement they would show which routinely involved the person turning backwards smiling or laughing, while pointing a loaded gun at others… many times ME! This action has been made comedic in several movies-one being “Legends of the Fall” when the woman is firing a lever action & upon hitting her intended target, she turns towards the me laughing, which sends them ducking for cover. I found it humorously intriguing; how so many different people, having no affiliation with one another & from vastly different backgrounds, would still follow the same instinctual bad habits!

BTW: I also came across many shooters who even while shooting quite accurately, still had many bad habits.