Thread: Specialty Pistols forum members to join our ranks

Specialty Pistols forum members to join our ranks

Last week Greg (Blue_Avenger) brought it to my attention that the Specialty Pistols (SP) forum was going to be shutting down effective 1/2/2023. Having frequented that forum on occasion many moons ago when I was toying around with Savage Strikers, and knowing a lot of guys there built a lot of pistols over the years using Savage Target actions, it wouldn't be too obscure of an idea to offer them a new forum to "hang their hat" so-to-speak here at Savage Shooters. While much of their content and discussions have nothing to do with Savage's, with more and more niche` forums falling by the wayside these days I saw it as an opportunity to bolster our ranks a bit as our number of active participants here continue to decline as well.

With that in mind I had Greg plant the idea in their heads over on their forum. After a few days, a couple posts of my own, and getting Mike's personal approval to move forward (the owner of the SP site), it looks like we're going to be diversifying our little forum here a bit and giving those from SP who choose to migrate over here a new home. As such, you will see a new area appear on the forum in the next day or two that will have boards specifically dedicated to the Specialty Pistol folks, as well as a new board in the classifieds for pistol related buy/sell/trade ad listings.

Fortunately (for me) the rules and such over at SP very closely mimic those we've been using here so the transition for those guys should be fairly easy and painless.

So with all that said, I'd like to officially welcome all those coming over to join us from the Specialty Pistols site and hope our regulars will enthusiastically do the same.

Jim
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Look forward to it. Anything to be able help out some fellow shooters that will need a new forum home, and look forward to learning what I can from those guys.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Who says Jim aint got a big heart? ��
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Last week Greg (Blue_Avenger) brought it to my attention that the Specialty Pistols (SP) forum was going to be shutting down effective 1/2/2023. Having frequented that forum on occasion many moons ago when I was toying around with Savage Strikers, and knowing a lot of guys there built a lot of pistols over the years using Savage Target actions, it wouldn't be too obscure of an idea to offer them a new forum to "hang their hat" so-to-speak here at Savage Shooters. While much of their content and discussions have nothing to do with Savage's, with more and more niche` forums falling by the wayside these days I saw it as an opportunity to bolster our ranks a bit as our number of active participants here continue to decline as well.

With that in mind I had Greg plant the idea in their heads over on their forum. After a few days, a couple posts of my own, and getting Mike's personal approval to move forward (the owner of the SP site), it looks like we're going to be diversifying our little forum here a bit and giving those from SP who choose to migrate over here a new home. As such, you will see a new area appear on the forum in the next day or two that will have boards specifically dedicated to the Specialty Pistol folks, as well as a new board in the classifieds for pistol related buy/sell/trade ad listings.

Fortunately (for me) the rules and such over at SP very closely mimic those we've been using here so the transition for those guys should be fairly easy and painless.

So with all that said, I'd like to officially welcome all those coming over to join us from the Specialty Pistols site and hope our regulars will enthusiastically do the same.

Jim
    I want to thank you Jim for making a place for the Specialty Pistols gang here! I have been a member of both forums for a long time. While I haven't been active on Savage Shooters in a few years I look forward to getting reacquainted with you guys.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Have visited the SP site a few times, but the format was difficult to use IMO, so didn't visit often. Seems like a good group of people tho and glad the guys have a place to move to.

Banned
    I like it!

Basic Member
    Hurray Jim! Lots of good info there. Hope they migrate over here. I hope to be shooting the .223 Stryker again this season.

Will try to be a regular here, SP’s is all I shoot