Thread: Savage 110E 300WM upgrade

Savage 110E 300WM upgrade

Greetings,

As the title says I'm looking to upgrade my savage 300WM, the gun came with a blind top loading mag, can a stock with a hinged floor plate mag be fitted to the action? Also, what are my options for triggers on this gun? The gun shot real good when I used it for hunting years ago, looking to breath a little new life into it for hunting.....it has the pencil barrel if that makes a difference.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Banned
    Yes it can be done. Is yours a Stagger Feed or Center Feed?

I ask because if you currently have CF, the parts will be direct swap. But if you have SF, it requires some modification to switch to a CF Stock with Trapdoor mag bottom metal. That’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yes it can be done. Is yours a Stagger Feed or Center Feed?

I ask because if you currently have CF, the parts will be direct swap. But if you have SF, it requires some modification to switch to a CF Stock with Trapdoor mag bottom metal. That’s all.

Thank you Sir,

I will have to pull it apart to check, hadn't thought to check that before asking my question.

Banned
    You don’t have to pull it apart. Just look at the feed lips & follower. Which one does it look like if the pictures?

Basic Member
    Does it have the accu-trigger or the older style? Nothing wrong with fixing it up a little and getting a better stock- but nothing wrong with a blind mag for hunting either. Other than being able to unload the rifle faster it really doesn't make a difference. And you never accidently dump your ammo either with a blind mag.

Banned
    All Accutrigger rifles are Center Feed Actions, but not all Center Feed Actions have the Accutrigger.

Basic Member
    I have 111 center feed that started as a 270 blind magazine and I converted it to a 25-05 with dbm. I think I ordered the stock from Numrich Gun Parts and used magazines I already had for 270, 30-06. Turned out great for me so you should be able to convert to trapdoor if you have a center feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Also as an afterthought, when hunting I unload by slowly working the bolt and catching the cartridge and loading as top load so I don’t fumble the magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    It doesn’t matter if it’s Stagger or Center. Either can work. Yes, Center can be a bit easier, although we’ve been over this time & time again here. A Stagger Feed can & HAS been converted to Center Feed before.

All good points, thanks for the replys. I've had this gun in the safe for a long time....when I did shoot it it was a tack driver that would kick like a mule on cocain. After all your comments I will probably put the new stock on it and leave it the blind mag, get a new scope and see if that pencil barrel will still shoot like it did before. Thanks again for y'all input.