Thread: Anyone else notice?

Anyone else notice?

Has anyone else noticed that GunBroker is way down on listings? I remember hearing something this past spring or summer about there being scuttlebutt about GB allegedly cooperating with the BATF on tracking sales of certain binary triggers for AR-type rifles that were sold through the site, but I've also read several pieces from reputable sources within the gun industry refuting those allegations. In any event, it seems like that rumor has really affected the number of people using their site to sell guns.

Shame really as of all the firearm auction sites out there I've always found GB the easiest to navigate and to have the best structure to search for specific things by brand/model/caliber/etc.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Haven't noticed. Its the only place ive been able to find a couple of propriatary mags for discontinued rifles. Pricy even with patience but at least they're there. I did think it odd that I saw a forced reset trigger for sale for a huge sum while perusing the penny auctions a while back. I was thinking to myself they were in some sort of questionable status with the BATFE at the time but its hard to keep up when they keep issuing letters of legality on items and then changing their minds.
    Almost seems like a trap huh.
    In the mean time ive had no trouble with Gunbroker and will keep on bidding hoping to score bargains here and there.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Never been one to look at numbers. My mind works in pictures. Gun broker is way better for pricing than blue book ever was

Banned
    I’ve been a fan & used them for a bunch of years. My current custom Model 10 was a purchase from GunBroker. And I do frequent searches there for used Savages. I agree with the above also.. I’ve been able to find better prices there. It’s the only Auction site I take part in anymore.

The “rumor” or possible happenings of collusion between them & the “aft” certainly wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve learned one thing.. even the most 2A supporting companies are dedicated to two things… their board or directors & the bottom line! Not to mention, anyone who things the atf & fbi aren’t paying for the info they want? Of course they are!

I still get on there a few times a week to browse and see all the things I'd love to have but don't really need. I've just noticed though that the number of listings is way down compared to what I was used to seeing 6 months or a year ago. For example, used to be I'd get on there and look up something like the old Ithaca Model 37 pump shotguns and there would be 150-200 listed easily. Right now there's 36. Remington 870 Wingmaster's would even have more listings in the past with 300-400 listings, right now there's 102.

As Greg noted, it's the best place to go to find current values on things by using the advanced search for ended listings to see what they sold for and what the price was on those that didn't sell or didn't get any bids.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain