Thread: Here’s another trigger.

Banned

Here’s another trigger.

I actually came across this while answering a post in the Axis forum. This was made for them, but it fits the 10/110 as well. I’m still holding out for Trigger Tech, but I could see using this. Actually, I was thinking mating this with the bracket from the SAV2 trigger. That would achieve a full Billet setup, leaving only the Sear as the weak point. I wish a company would just make a new Sear/Bolt release available. I’ve toyed with making one, but it’s simply above my tooling capability. Needs CNC.

I know the bulk of people don’t like safety blade triggers. I am among the few who love them. The safety style trigger makes it 100% impossible for the firing pin to strike the primer because the trigger is too light & trips. My only contention with the Accutrigger is that it’s made of cast/stamped parts & non-adjustable.

https://www.mcarbo.com/Savage-AXIS-I...r-Drop-In.aspx

Dave would this drop into the 10F?

Banned
    Yours has either a 2-screw, maybe a 3-screw trigger? I’m not sure off the top of my head because the brackets are slightly different. I’ve never tried to mix the parts. My thinking is it would with worse case needing to modify the bracket.

But if you have a 3-screw, really no reason to. They already have all the adjustments needed.

Basic Member
    Looks interesting. Do you know if stock accutriggers can be simply and easily installed in old 10/110 rifles that use the 2 screw trigger?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey262 View Post
    Looks interesting. Do you know if stock accutriggers can be simply and easily installed in old 10/110 rifles that use the 2 screw trigger?
    I believe yes it will fit. Just as the RifleBasix SAV-1 will fit BOTH Accutrigger & non-Accutrigger. Although, once again, I haven’t tried it. Looking at the parts, the brackets.. yes, they should. Frankly, I’m simply showing this for fans of the Accutrigger. Most people don’t like them. I’m of a small minority that DO. Very much so in fact. My finger is very “at home” on the Safety Blade. However, if you are accustomed to the feel of the standard trigger, and simply want the Sear Adjustment, the SAV-1, the Timney, the Elf triggers will all accommodate this. Remember nothing is gained with the Accutrigger style. Granted, it adds a level of piece of mind, but ultimately it’s just a preference of feel. The Accutrigger reminds me of a 2-Stage (rather as close as we can get with Savage.) I am quite fond of 2-Stage triggers. But also, I’m not looking for triggers in the single ounce rating. That is just ridiculous to me. My triggers are more like 1.5-2lbs.

For years & years I’ve had this concept in my mind of an Accutrigger style trigger, with Sear Adjustment, and all components machined from Billet Steel &/or Aluminum. THAT, to me, is the perfect trigger. Now, I really am trying to hold out on the TriggerTech, but I may try this Frankenstein little setup I mentioned. Mating this trigger with the RifleBasix SAV-2 bracket only. I’ll post about it if I do.

I've been impressed with MCarbo. I've used two of their trigger kits in handguns and the trigger improvement has been impressive considering the low cost.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Banned
    Their trigger “kits” aren’t anything special. I’ve been making the same thing before they were. And others were doing it before I was! But the straight Accutrigger WITH a Sear adjustment has my attention. Like I said, if I can mate this to the SAV-2 housing or machine a Billet housing of my own, well that’d be about the best offering with the Factory Sear, as far as I’m concerned.

Basic Member
    Now this is something that is tempting me.

Basic Member
    I know this thread is a few months old, but I just saw this trigger option, so I came in to the forum and did a search to see if I could get some info on it. Has anyone tried it out yet? I’ve used Mcarbo parts on several guns, and had great results, but for $150, I wanted to get some opinions before I order it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Looks like a good set up.
    I'm with Dave as I like the blade safety as well, and it kinda gives it a two stage feel and I really like two stage triggers.
    Failure is not an option

Basic Member
    I'm also a fan of the factory accutrigger...I've just had really good luck with them, they have a really good feel and they're very consistent (at least to me). An aftermarket trigger would have to be pretty darn good for me to switch.