Thread: Accuatrigger Work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Accuatrigger Work

Anyone do this to their accuatrigger in their Axis II Precision?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkMyi1TK-0

Banned
    That’s nothing. And I frown upon using a Dremel for this. Look back at some of my threads. Or better yet, ask a couple of the members I’ve worked their Accutriggers for. I use stones & the parts held in a fixture to get perfect flat surfaces. Actually, besides doing that, there is a little kit made for the Axis Accutriggers. I make my own parts for my kits with Titanium washers. Oh, and I set members triggers up for free. No charge for anything. But I do encourage people doing on their own if they feel able to.

Here’s the kit available online from Mcarbo. Along with setting up the surfaces, it comes out pretty nice.
    https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-trigger-pro-kit.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    That’s nothing. And I frown upon using a Dremel for this. Look back at some of my threads. Or better yet, ask a couple of the members I’ve worked their Accutriggers for. I use stones & the parts held in a fixture to get perfect flat surfaces. Actually, besides doing that, there is a little kit made for the Axis Accutriggers. I make my own parts for my kits with Titanium washers. Oh, and I set members triggers up for free. No charge for anything. But I do encourage people doing on their own if they feel able to.

Here’s the kit available online from Mcarbo. Along with setting up the surfaces, it comes out pretty nice.
    https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-trigger-pro-kit.aspx
    I watched the video for that and thought it was a different trigger. It looks like a one piece trigger and my Axis has the two piece trigger with the silver blade in the middle. I figured that the Axis doesn't come with an accutrigger like the Axis II Precision.

Banned
    The Axis II does have the Accutrigger. It was one of the add one with it being the 2nd Generation of Axis rifles. The first Axis, previously the “Edge”, did not have the Accutrigger. That is an easy way to tell it’s an Axis II, if it has the Accutrigger, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    The Axis II does have the Accutrigger. It was one of the add one with it being the 2nd Generation of Axis rifles. The first Axis, previously the “Edge”, did not have the Accutrigger. That is an easy way to tell it’s an Axis II, if it has the Accutrigger, it is.
    That's what I'm talking about. The trigger in the Mcarbo video doesn't look like the Axis II trigger -- is the kit applicable to the Axis II?

Banned
    Yes, it can be used with the Accutrigger. If you look through my content you’ll see triggers I’ve set up exactly like that for members here. I don’t use MCarbo stuff. I use my own parts that machine.