Thread: Is this a Lightweight Storm?

Team Savage

Is this a Lightweight Storm?

I just ran across this article/review of a LWS in 6.5c, but the rifle in the pictures is weird. It has the fluted bolt and correct stock, but the receiver is not skeletonized. Is this a factory configuration?

http://www.thewilltohunt.com/2020/01...6-5-creedmoor/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage-110-Lightweight-Storm-vert.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	570.8 KB 
ID:	8709

Banned
    I believe they used the wrong gun for the article. The picture below is the Lightweight Storm. Same style Action as the UltraLight. The one in the article is the standard 110 Storm. We see this in gun articles from time to time. They do a “review” on a gun, but take pictures of what they have handy. Most people don’t notice.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I believe they used the wrong gun for the article. The picture below is the Lightweight Storm. Same style Action as the UltraLight. The one in the article is the standard 110 Storm. We see this in gun articles from time to time. They do a “review” on a gun, but take pictures of what they have handy. Most people don’t notice.
    Do you think they swapped on the correct LSW stock and bolt just for the pictures?

Banned
    They both use the same stock as far as I can tell. But the bolt must have been swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    They both use the same stock as far as I can tell. But the bolt must have been swapped.
    110 Apex Storm XP and 110 Lightweight Storm use the non-adjustable synthetic stock, whereas the 110 Storm has the AccuFit stock. As such, the rifle pictured is likely the 110 Apex Storm XP.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    110 Apex Storm XP and 110 Lightweight Storm use the non-adjustable synthetic stock, whereas the 110 Storm has the AccuFit stock. As such, the rifle pictured is likely the 110 Apex Storm XP.
    Ahh.. didn't even realize the Accufit was used on the Storm. All the pics I kept checking were Apex Storms then. It’s quite obvious seeing the difference with the Accufit stock.

So it stands to reason they maybe had access to an Apex Storm & an Ultralight, but not a Lightweight Storm. Quick swap of the Fluted Bolt to the Apex Storm & VIOLA! Instant (almost), 110 Lightweight Storm for the pictures. Pretty slick.