Well we deer hunters here in the Peoples Republic of Illinois finally catch a break. It was just announced that rifles can be used with straight wall cartridges for deer hunting in 2023, hooray! I've been hunting deer for close to 30 years (yes I'm an old guy of 74) with my Ithaca Deerslayer 12 gauge and more recently my Savage 220 20 gauge and have never failed to harvest a deer. That being said I'm alway eager to try something new. I'm on the search now for a new rifle and decided the 350 Legend is the way to go, good out to 200 yards plus a little, low recoil and ammo is available. I am a benchrest competitor in varmint matches and in factory class for years have been using Savage LRPV in 6BR caliber and it's an absolute hammer, love the accutrigger. I know there are pricier 350 Legend hunting rifles out there however based on my experience with Savages I'm looking at 2 of their models. The Axis II HB XP Whitetail and the Axis II XP Timber Camo HB. I believe they're the same rifle just different camo patterns. Both come with a barrel with a slightly heavier contour, accutrigger and a scope. Thoughts on these rifles much appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!