After many trials and tribulations over the last year, my Machinist/Coyote hunting friend and I were able to finally finish the quick change barrel kit for our Impulse predator rifles.
I've been using my rifle for all of the R/D + load testing.
I have close to or over a thousand rounds total of 243/ 260 through the rifle and it's holding up great so far and it's still shooting sub MOA with the 6mm 68 grain berger flat base target and 139 grain match burners in the 260.
I black/blued the parts for weather resistance, but they didn't come out as dark as I wanted, but the finish is very durable.
The fourth pic is of the new extension after almost 200 rounds fired without cleaning and multiple barrel swaps.
I also designed a barrel nut with flats on it, so it can be manipulated with a big adjustable and that makes it easier to headspace using the barrel vise.
I set up two barrels (Factory, fluted.243/.260 Rem) with the kit and the carbon fiber with the factory extension, but with a new barrel nut and recoil lug.
It takes under two leisurely minutes to change barrels using one 1/8" Allen T handle.
I didn't torque anything, just tightened till it felt tight and haven't had any issues with it holding zero.
I'm done testing and have set my rifle up with the carbon fiber barrel in prep for the upcoming NY predator season.
Enjoy,
SJC
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]