Thread: Outlier Chassis (Cost Effective)

Banned

Outlier Chassis (Cost Effective)

Another Chassis I’ve not seen before. The Outlier Micro Chassis. For Savage 110 SA, & Axis. It looks like another very good option for the price point.
    https://getoutlier.com/products/Shor...sis-p375821001

I don’t know much about it but here is a really good Review. I wonder if this YouTuber is a member here? You here “RangeDayRyan” Anyway, good review and another solid option for certain budgets.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaI6A3PHnl8

Looks they are connected with Arken Optics. And they DO offer for Savage 110 LA as well. But everything is Out Of Stock right now.
    https://getoutlier.com/products/Long...sis-p375941518

Basic Member
    There is a thread on the hide where several people picked up the chassis and were less than impressed with it. Lot of fit and finish issues and some actions have the bolt hit the cheek rest.

Only advantage I see over an Oryx is weight...

Made out of Chinesium?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Made out of Chinesium?
    Well...Outlier is run by the same 2 guys that started Arken...so you be the judge ;-)

Banned
    Nah.. it’s 6061 Alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Nah.. it’s 6061 Alloy.
    Chinesium is not a material David. It is a more of a local reference.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

One thing right off the bat is the pinned or screwed fore end. Any movement in that joint
    during recoil will probably have you checking your zip code for bullet strike. This was a
    problem for the early MDT HS3 chassis, and this chassis basically copies that design. I
    still love my original HS3, but to solve the problem, I tig welded it to be one piece.

Dave....I have this itch for the new MDT carbon fiber stock. Man, I can envision a huge
    pipe spun up and still make weight. I have this dream of doing a barrel that fit's the
    action so well that it will look like it was all machined from one piece.

As for Arken ?? (optics) look up zip code 100000 thru 100013
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    One thing right off the bat is the pinned or screwed fore end. Any movement in that joint
    during recoil will probably have you checking your zip code for bullet strike. This was a
    problem for the early MDT HS3 chassis, and this chassis basically copies that design. I
    still love my original HS3, but to solve the problem, I tig welded it to be one piece.

Dave....I have this itch for the new MDT carbon fiber stock. Man, I can envision a huge
    pipe spun up and still make weight. I have this dream of doing a barrel that fit's the
    action so well that it will look like it was all machined from one piece.

As for Arken ?? (optics) look up zip code 100000 thru 100013
    Ahh, the HNT26. Yes, looks nice for someone wanting a light rig. I’m actually still very much in love with my Mirage URL… And I am fond of being the only person using it.. far as can be seen of course.

I simply posted this because it’s new, and another lower cost option. I actually thought it mirrored the MDT ACC Chassis. It’s not a style I would use. However, I’m certain there are those who are quite fond of the ACC style, but simply can’t/won’t budget the $1300 price tag! I think some are judging it too harshly, given the price. One doesn’t buy a Mustang and then critique it in comparison to a Ferrari. We have quite a bit of commentary from those who have never seen it, all heard, yet I’d tend to listen to the one in the video who is using it. As for CHINESIUM…. Oh wow! I’ve only been online & on Firearms forums since 1999, or basically the beginning! I guess I just never had heard that until now.. LOL! It’s actually used BOTH ways, meaning overall “Cheapness”, fit & finish and such. And, also meaning the material itself. As many poorly made, cheap components such as scope mounts, rings, and other components are made from an Aluminum-Zinc Alloy. These high % Zinc products are Cast parts. To those who are quite familiar with & study Metallurgy, this Alloy is known as CHINESIUM. The term was first used used (and still is)for low quality steel. I encourage anyone to look it up.

Saw that when I was researching chassis. The price jumps up to $400+ when you add the forend and a stock and if you're used to solid or one piece stocks/chassis, the multi-part assembly could seem less than desirable.

Banned
    Same word either way, lol.

Ah damn, you cought me before the edit

Banned
    I actually found your “Chassiseses” quite humorous. Enjoyed your very clear sarcasm. I do the same. (We’ve all seen the ones like “Breasteses” or “Interwebs”. I for one, enjoy those one word quips.