Thread: PCS unattainable, build?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

PCS unattainable, build?

Since the 110 PCS is pretty much vaporware, just curious if building one is possible. Did find 2 308 versions but want a 300 BO. Guess the chassis would be first to find to make it a pistol. Or would ATF consider such build as a SBR? Any comment appreciated. Thanks.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    If you start with a rifle action It has to have minimum 16" barrel and 26" overall or its a SBR.

Northland used to sell some brand new undesignated actions but I have checked recently.

Basic Member
    Send you a PM.

Basic Member
    Sent one back.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    If you want to build one, Iowa Fox is on the money if you start with a rifle action. Otherwise go with a virgin undesignated action. Most of the custom actions can be bought that way also, just brings the price up but you do get a nicer action.

I did pick up my 110 PCS in .223, haven't got to do anything with it as work has been crazy. Bearcatrp, I'm sending you a PM as well....

Banned
    You must start with a stripped Action, and it must be registered as as such. It can not NOT be registered as a Rifle. Once it is, it must STAY a rifle. Hence why you cannot start with a rifle. EVEN if the stock was to be removed, once the barrel is shorted on a previously Rifle registered Firearm, it becomes an illegal SBR.

Purchase a stripped Action and relay to your FFL of your plans to build it as a bolt Action PISTOL with XX-Barrel length & NO shoulder stock. Although you can you a pistol brace.