Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCS unattainable, build?

Basic Member

PCS unattainable, build?

Since the 110 PCS is pretty much vaporware, just curious if building one is possible. Did find 2 308 versions but want a 300 BO. Guess the chassis would be first to find to make it a pistol. Or would ATF consider such build as a SBR? Any comment appreciated. Thanks.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    If you start with a rifle action It has to have minimum 16" barrel and 26" overall or its a SBR.

Northland used to sell some brand new undesignated actions but I have checked recently.

Basic Member
    Send you a PM.

Basic Member
    Sent one back.

Basic Member
    If you want to build one, Iowa Fox is on the money if you start with a rifle action. Otherwise go with a virgin undesignated action. Most of the custom actions can be bought that way also, just brings the price up but you do get a nicer action.

I did pick up my 110 PCS in .223, haven't got to do anything with it as work has been crazy. Bearcatrp, I'm sending you a PM as well....

Banned
    You must start with a stripped Action, and it must be registered as as such. It can not NOT be registered as a Rifle. Once it is, it must STAY a rifle. Hence why you cannot start with a rifle. EVEN if the stock was to be removed, once the barrel is shorted on a previously Rifle registered Firearm, it becomes an illegal SBR.

Purchase a stripped Action and relay to your FFL of your plans to build it as a bolt Action PISTOL with XX-Barrel length & NO shoulder stock. Although you can you a pistol brace.

Basic Member
    I found a used 223 with low count shots. Am debating. Have to find a barrel before getting it.

Banned
    Bare Action? If it’s a used rifle, no good. Already been registered as a rifle. Or, are you like me and just don’t care what the A*F*T/F’dBI has to say anymore. Cause if it’s the later, I commend you!

Basic Member

Basic Member
    That 243 is nice. Wish he would have posted cost.

Basic Member
    I purchased it one part at a time over the course of about a year.

Action 450
    barrel 385
    Ross brake 35
    Stock 95
    Rings 70
    base 35

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info.

Basic Member
    I emailed savage a few months back to question availability. Was told they are going out all over but demand is high. Since then, I’ve checked online and made many calls around the US for the 300 BO. Not one I talked to have seen the BO version much less any. Only a few had the 308. Emailed savage back telling them what I have found out and told them they are full of chit.

Basic Member

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cknight814 View Post
    Thanks for posting. Going to build my own. Researching parts for now.

Basic Member
    Sounds fun, building is always a great thing. Since I posted that link, there’s about 5 or 6 more on there now.

One has to remember how Savage operates in terms of production...

Savage only builds what they have existing orders for. If distributors didn't place orders for any PCS's in .300 BO Savage isn't going to build any. Also, they won't schedule a production run until they have sufficient orders to justify said run, so even if every major distributor does place orders for them but they're low quantity orders, those orders won't be filled until a sufficient amount are accumulated to justify doing a production run.

This applies to everything Savage offers, which is why it's often so difficult to find some of their more specialized models and/or those chambered for less common/popular cartridges.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    While searching for parts, kept checking on the PCS. Finally found one in 300 BO. Think I will shoot my 190 subs with my can. Anyone one one of these shoot the hornady 190 subs? Should have it by next week. Surprised Ruger hasn’t made a 300 BO version for the charger. Did email them to suggest it. Heck, even in a 6.5 Grendel would be nice in both platforms.

Basic Member
    I shoot the 190 sub-X Hornady from my Encore 16.5" barrel with a SiCO Hybrid 46 can. They are very quiet and accurate for me. I have not been able to take any game with it yet though...

Basic Member
    I really wish I had have gotten my PCS in .300 Blackout. Let me know what you think about yours, I may end up rebarreling my 223

Basic Member
    Have shot 190 subs out of my 300 BO AR’s many times. Whisper quiet. One think that sucked was cleaning it. Filthy pig after 20 rounds. Did own a Howa mini action in 300 BO that was pretty good but sold it. The PCS with my sandman s should work out. Will let you know how it goes. Anyone know if putting a bipod on it constitutes a SBR or not?

Basic Member
    Bipod is A OK on pistols, just can't put a vertical front grip. Ruger sold a Charger model for a while that came with bipod from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    I emailed savage a few months back to question availability. Was told they are going out all over but demand is high. Since then, I’ve checked online and made many calls around the US for the 300 BO. Not one I talked to have seen the BO version much less any. Only a few had the 308. Emailed savage back telling them what I have found out and told them they are full of chit.
    No surprise there. I'm betting they realized the .300 BO doesn't feed well from their .223 magazine. Same reason they've been telling me for two years now that the Impulse Predator in .22-250 is "on hold." Dummies in sales and marketing don't talk to the engineers apparently because Savage has always used a dedicated magazine box for .22-250 and .250 Savage because they have too much taper to feed properly from a .308 family magazine. The Impulse Predator uses AICS mag's, and AFAIK no one's making a dedicated one for the .22-250. I think Accurate-Mag or someone used to offer one, but they had too many issues with it and I believe it was discontinued.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cknight814 View Post
    Bipod is A OK on pistols, just can't put a vertical front grip. Ruger sold a Charger model for a while that came with bipod from the factory.
    My charger came with a bipod. That was 4 years ago. Wasn’t sure if the laws changed since then. Thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    No surprise there. I'm betting they realized the .300 BO doesn't feed well from their .223 magazine. Same reason they've been telling me for two years now that the Impulse Predator in .22-250 is "on hold." Dummies in sales and marketing don't talk to the engineers apparently because Savage has always used a dedicated magazine box for .22-250 and .250 Savage because they have too much taper to feed properly from a .308 family magazine. The Impulse Predator uses AICS mag's, and AFAIK no one's making a dedicated one for the .22-250. I think Accurate-Mag or someone used to offer one, but they had too many issues with it and I believe it was discontinued.
    have a variety of magazines to try if the one that comes with it sucks. All the savage rifles I have owned had magazine issues. Sold all but one. Hope the PCS doesn’t have these issues. Comes in early next week so hope to get to the range shortly after I get it to break it in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast