I’ve been fooling with specialty pistols since 1979 when I bought my first contender. I still own contenders, XP 100s and Strikers. The contenders and Xp 100 are mainly use for silhouette shooting. But when I’m planning to shoot 600 or 1K I’ll pick up a Striker, Why because their like me big, heavy and ugly. And with out modifications other than little trigger work and a good Quality aftermarket barrel( which I can install myself) in the right caliber they’re ready to go 600 or 1000. Yes you can get all the bells and whistles for an XP but I’m not a bells and whistles guy. I think the big ugly factory stock is good for long range shooting especially if you’re not Entering it in a Beauty contest. I think they made 3 trigger set ups. One was bad, one was awful and one was manageable. The one I like best is the one with the roller, you can lighten the spring wire and adjust in as a two stage trigger like it was designed to be and I like the feel two stage triggers it’s still heavy compared to what most long range shooter prefer but I like to “feel” the trigger and if it’s smooth the extra weight does not matter to me. Caliber can be a personal choice I’ve owned Strikers in a lot of calibers the three I have now are 6.5 \284, 223 and by far my favorite 6 Brx all after market(McGowen) which I just order my 3rd BrX barrel from them the 1st got replaced at 2700 rounds the 2nd has 1500 and I went ahead an order because of the way things are now with long lead time I will have it when I feel like I need to change. Why the Brx I feel like in a 16” barrel it the ideal round for long range shooting. The recoil is manageable without a brake and I have proved time and time again it’s capable at 1k. Why a BrX and not a “Dasher” the same performance and I like the fact that it’s called the poor man’s Dasher and I’ve heard “ me and my Dasher” enough that it’s a status symbol lol
all this is just my $0.02 and if you read it all you must be bored. In closing there is nothing I enjoy more that being at a range plinking steel targets and the person beside you with his pretty rifle, mad because your hitting more plates than him with a very ugly Striker.
Have a nice weekend
6BrX