Thread: UPS destroying packages with Firearms related parts.

Banned

UPS destroying packages with Firearms related parts.

UPS, in their a “WOKE” frame of mind nonsense, is now terminating the accounts of certain firearms dealers. More of the “Ghost Gun” lie being driven by the Anti 2A society. Of course that is their right as a business, but in an astonishing & flagrant abuse of law, they are threatening to “seize & destroy” packages containing what they deem to be in violation of their policy. So UPS thinks they have a right to destroy personal property! What disgusting, narcissistic behavior! I haven’t used them much in the past, but I certainly won’t use them ever again! Gun proprietors & owners across the nation need to take a stand against UPS on this. Of course old man Larry and his MidwayUSA have stated they AGREE & stand by UPS’ decision. Well, Midway just lost my business as well. Everyone who reads this need do the same, otherwise you’re part of the problem.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/br...nsit-packages/

I saw midway running from the controversy when they went all in on fishing supplies. These companies are being threatened by a certain senator that is looking to take the gun industry down. It is better to shut down as opposed to being sued out of existence. Laws that allow these companies to be sued for liability when they made or sold legal arms or parts is certain to transform America. God help us when it happens.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Where's the info on what Potterfield said with Midway? I wish I had known earlier as I just placed an order with them this morning. But if that's the case, it will be my last I hate to say. I've always liked Midway for the most part.

Banned
    Well, UPS closed Brownells’ account, but not Midway. And on Midways’ website are a bunch of new UPS shipping rules.

I’m not so much saying don’t use Midway(although I’ll stick with Brownells), as I am saying don’t use UPS… for anything!

If UPS caved I figure Fedex will be next...hope someone goes to court fast...confiscation and destruction of property without due process is a very BIG deal!

Basic Member
    Yes I hope suits are filed. If these companies have been in compliance (as far as I've seen they have been), then heads should roll at UPS for destruction of property. And yes Dave, ever since I've found out about UPS in the last couple of weeks or so, that has been my goal. I try my best not to patronize those that are that against people like us. I like Brownells too, and have always just used whichever one had what I was looking for at the time, and really had no preference of one over the other (Brownells and Midway that is).

Banned
    Oh same here. I’ve used Midway a lot in the past. I haven’t in some time because frankly, I’ve been able to find what I needed cheaper, elsewhere. But, when you do some digging, there are some other shady things in Midway’s past.

Anywho, the point of this thread was intact, UPS’ disgusting WOKE-JOKE-ism! Every gun owner needs to immediately cross UPS off their list. For EVERYTHING! If 100,000,000 Gun owners stopped using them tomorrow, they would quickly see the error of their ways.

UPS driver walked into IH truck dealer and asked for help to unload the Last and Only transmission part of its kind in the US. As the shop door goes up in the video, the driver kicks the part off the truck to the ground. Then drives away with the shop staff that had come out to help, watching. No Signature. $15,000- part broken. his bad day gave lots of people a bad day!
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Fedex may be good for awhile. The NRA (for what it's worth) is part of their marketing alliance.
    Federick Smith (Owner/CEO) and many on the Fedex board and employees donate to "PAC",
    an organization to oppose political candidates that don't conform to Tennessee ideals. Then there's
    the core business which is shipping. They will gladly take on discarded business from other shipper's.
    As a note.....I have an average of 3 delivery's per week. All gun related, and all by Fedex.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Banned
    I use USPS for everything. How ironic is it that the very entity which is trying to disarm the populous is the very same that MUST deliver all my firearms related products!

As I understand it, this only applies to gun parts without serial numbers, not firearms with serial numbers, ammo, powder etc.

Banned
    It applies to whoever the LEFT says! It’s going to grow as they chip away our liberties. Anyone not willing to play ball (bow the knee & swear allegiance), risk being “cancelled”

Here's hoping these senators will lose their power in November.

Basic Member
    I was talking to my local FFL about it. He said the problem with with so-called "Ghost Guns" (BOO!) and that he's not had any issues with UPS taking his shipping. It still sucks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rerun5 View Post
    Here's hoping these senators will lose their power in November.
    Oooooo.. Carful. Can’t say that stuff. Even when it absolute TRUTH! Couple people might get “triggered”.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RCE1 View Post
    I was talking to my local FFL about it. He said the problem with with so-called "Ghost Guns" (BOO!) and that he's not had any issues with UPS taking his shipping. It still sucks.

I talked to my local FFL along with my UPS driver. Yes UPS did drop some companies such as Brownells. But UPS is still shipping firearms, firearm parts, and ammunition. And NO they aren't destroying packages. That in itself is highly illegal to do.

And YES everyone is running screws from "ghost guns" right now with the new rule changes going into effect on August 24th. The new rule changes requires serial numbers on all new frames and receivers whether they are 80% kits or 100% finished sold after Aug 24th. It is still 100% legal from private individuals to make and possess home built firearms after Aug 24th

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by efm77 View Post
    Where's the info on what Potterfield said with Midway? I wish I had known earlier as I just placed an order with them this morning. But if that's the case, it will be my last I hate to say. I've always liked Midway for the most part.
    I've searched for any information concerning Midway's "agreeing to bla...bla...bla.." and can't seem to find anything. I've purchased a lot of "stuff" from Midway and I know several years ago when Midway went from a direct UPS shipping to the UPS--USPS "chain" the delivery times were far greater than just going with UPS. I figured it was a shipping cost savings (for Midway) that prompted this shipping chain stuff.

I can understand any company stating "They comply with all required regulations". OTOH, it would appear that UPS lawyers got involved with this.....along with UPS insurance carrier (all this my assumptions of course) and their new "policy" is in place such that any "Ghost Gun" that was shipped in their system....and then used in a crime....would get UPS sucked into a lawsuit for being involved in the "delivery" part.

Yeah.....I know...it's akin to filing a lawsuit against the trucking firms and dealerships that sell a car. And then the car was used to run over her\his spouse for whatever. Exactly the same.....but unless the car had "gun" in it's naming.....the car dealer is safe from any lawsuit. Not so much in the current climate of "guns r bad".

In any event, my long blurb is not to defend Larry. Any company can choose to not ship anything they want. I can only assume that Larry said he comply's with the new BAFT rules about shipping 80% receivers. Ok...I understand that. I can guess that Brownell's comply's with that or any other new firearm related laws\rules. They may not state that, but I'm sure they do.

Unless I see statements from the "horse's mouth" (Midway) that they "agree with then new 80% S\N requirement" as opposed to "agreeing with shipping their firearm products with the new rules" I'll continue to buy from Midway. Complying with the new rules of "you can't ship a 80% non-SN receiver" is far different than saying "We agree with the rules and policies that 80% non-S\N receivers are and should be illegal."

If\when I see a statement from Midway saying they support 80% non-SN receivers being illegal, then I'll reconsider who I buy from.

Basic Member
    I don't know what Midway's current stance is. But I do know they fought the ATF when Polymer 80 was raided. After the Polymer 80 raid, the ATF went to vendors wanting lists of everyone that bought a P80 Buy Build Shoot kit. Midway refused to release the information.

And I don't know how much Larry Potterfield has to do with the running of Midway USA anymore. He stepped down from being the CEO in Feb 2021. He also has not been the company president since 2009.

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/n...513325375.html

was reading some on 80%s will need to be numbered after Aug 24th
    Last edited by Blue Avenger; 08-14-2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: edit for incorrect date
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger View Post
    was reading some on 80%s will need to be numbered after Nov 24th
    This is correct for all new frames being made or any that are in stock at FFL dealers or FFL gunsmiths.SO you will not be able to buy an 80% frame/receiver without a serial number AND without going through a FFL after Aug 24th.

This does NOT effect any frame/receiver already in your possession as an individual.

Here is the rule. Yes it is a long read but one must read it in its entirety to fully understand it.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/gu...ation/download